Ski Nautique 200 no power to dashboard and cannot turn on.

Joergen

Hello everyone,

Quick intro: I am a part of a skiing club and a yesterday when I got there, the boat wouldn't start and there was quite a bit of water in the hull. The battery was dead I believe. I drained the water manually and tried with another smaller battery. No luck starting the boat. The battery has been charged for today but the same thing happens.

Problem no.1:

If I turn the master switch, there is a click from the motor somewhere (relay I would imagine) and the zero off control turns on with its small intro video before it turns off. There is no response from the display and buttons on the dashboard, so I cannot punch in the code and try to start the boat.

I tried looking under the dashboard and tried disconnecting and reconnecting some wires from the connector-block but I have no idea what I am looking at with the wiring. I tried taking the board with the master switch out and look if there was something behind there. I was looking for fuses, but not sure where they are, if there is any. After looking a bit more online just now: are the red "buttons/dots" circuit breakers - and do you have to push them really hard? I didn't want to risk destroying anything.

Are there wiring in the hull that could have been flooded and causing a short circuit?

I do not know much about motors or boats, so could really use some good ideas on where to look. If you know about some good documentation, that would also be appreciated.

- Secondly, I am pretty sure that way too much water is entering by the drive shaft, it's running pretty fast instead of occational drips. I saw a video on youtube about tightening the seal, so I am gonna try that. The hole to get there is pretty small though - is the best tool a couple of big wrenches or should I get something else?

Best Regards

Jørgen

edit: I believe it is a Ski Nautique 200, CB, 2015

• Baller
I would start out by putting a reliable volt meter on the battery when you turn on the turn on the master disconnect switch. If you don't get at least 12.3 or 12.4 volts, charge the battery and try again. If same result, buy a new battery. If you get good voltage at the battery, when turned on, check the voltage at the bottom of the power port in the glove box. You can open the observers seat back and get to the bottom of it easily. (used to be called cigarette lighter, but fortunately they are now power ports). That is the easiest place to check voltage. If low voltage there, start working through the system checking for loose connections or grounds.