Slalom Ski Case that leaves the boots fully exposed

swbca

• Baller_
I saw a photo of a women competitor that had a ski case that was just a sleeve for the ski and fin, leaving the boots exposed. Not good for public transportation, but less bulky for day to day. Did some searches didn't find anything like that. Anyone see one of these ? The photo was at an angle that prevented seeing the graphics on her case.

• Baller
  • Baller

I got a neoprene sleeve a few weeks ago from Bennetts along with a new masterline rope. It was a little over $100 for both.

The sleeve came with a fin protector which is awesome.

I put it in my radar bag that has no padding with the rest of the gear.

I'm pretty happy with that setup now.

• Baller_

@Broussard Just ordered the HO Syndicate Slalom Water Ski Sleeve I have a D3 ski but the syndicate sleeve looks like it has a cleaner design than the D3 sleeve. The branding on the Syndicate is understated unlike most of the others which have huge branding graphics.

Thanks everyone !

• Baller
FYI, I left my ski in the back of the truck in one of these and as we drove down a dirt road to get to the ski site my ski got covered in fine dust. To my dismay, someone tried to wipe it off and scratched my black '17 Pro Build, I was bummed!

• Baller
Another vote for the HO Syndicate neo sleeve. Got mine for $49.95. Fits my 68" Goode just fine and if I travel, I just put it inside my SportTube with my vest and neo top (plus some extra foam tip and tail) and it's good to go.

• Baller

Allows the bindings to dry out which is especially helpful in humid environments (Louisiana and Florida). Protection with the ability to access bindings (helpful if you are running a hardshell and want to grab the boot off).

Also great protection for putting a ski in a three event bag or sport tube. My thoughts on padded bags are exactly the same - why?

• Baller

Neoprene sleeves are good for carrying your ski around or when traveling in a padded bag or sport tube... but as you want your boots exposed in order to dry faster, you should also want the tail and fin area to be able to dry too. There is always water trapped inside the fin box and this is the main reason you see blisters in the tail area and rotten aluminum when you store your ski in one for a long period. Goode makes a neoprene sleeve that opens on the back and can leave the fin box exposed too. Also personally don’t know how a built in plastic tube protects your fin, especially from moving when it’s pressed and sits against the fin.

Best solution that does not touches the fin nor fin box and leave them exposed to dry, is the Finfirkin fin protector.

This is a picture of a finfirkin on my ski...

odixx4pbffzz.jpeg