Any good places in Cancun area?

MDB1056

• Baller
My daughter and family are in Cancun and she's looking for a place to ski and not having much luck. Found some old threads in here on skiing there but they are older and things there seemed to come and go. Any ballers know of any good facilities there?

• Baller

The ClubMed in Cancun has a slalom course in the lagoon behind the resort, but I don’t know if you can get a day pass anymore. Slalom only is from 8-9 (or was 9-10), after that it’s pandemonium in the lagoon as they somehow run two boats simultaneously for skiing and wakeboarding in there without running anyone over.

The other issue is it’s adults only for skiing these days, even if you are staying at the resort. Not sure if that was to reduce traffic/demand or because there are crocodiles in the lagoon…

• Supporting Member
I've skied with Scott Smith down there on two separate occasions - years ago. Outboard MC 190. Had a great time and he was helpful and patient with the kids. Don't know about the Crocs or if he is still operating, but his website looks to still be up