Help moving in the desired direction of travel

If you’ve been following the Spraymakers podcast, you’ve heard Trent and Rossi talk about moving your CoM in the desired direction of travel (like many coaches). I’ve been drilling my pullout, and as a LFF, I’ve been following Trent’s advice about “falling” towards 11oclock if you’re standing on a clock dial. While I can easily fall to my side, and maybe slightly forward, 11oclock seems impossible to get to (or just too damn scary).

Any advice on how to achieve this ideal initiation of the pullout?

• Baller
As a LFF also and following the same podcasts the “falling” was a key nugget for me. I wouldn’t get hung up on the 11 o’clock position but rather that general direction. For me the falling action if standing tall already centered is closer to 9:30-10 but is more the motion of “falling” than the specific angle. I found the move to generate immediate acceleration with negligible effort. Keeping arms straight, falling, and boom!

• Baller_
As a lefty, instead of thinking about “falling to 11,” try moving in a way that you feel the pressure of the ski on your front foot right into your left hip. I think it’s a different way of thinking about the same move.

Lpskier

• Baller

I tend to fall off more around 9:45 I'd say, but my last time out I really worked on both that and keeping my abs tight. It was amazing how much more easily I was getting wide on the pullout being tall and "timbering" in the direction of travel.

But I agree, I'm not getting to 11.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47geran3595c8q6n7ez1