Cabon omni VS Syndicate omni

wonwoolee

• Members

I know that the three omni are the same shape, only the material is different.

I rode a cabon omnni from a Syndicate omni, and I didn't notice any difference in performance.

I was riding the Cabon omni and heard that I was told to ride the Syndicate omni, so I tried the Cabon omni because I thought the skill-up would be quick for my skills.

Currently 49@18.25 50% complete 52@18.25 rides occasionally.

Are you saying you should ride the Syndicate omni because of the risk of breaking your skis at higher speeds?

Is there any difference in performance? I wonder if there is only a difference in strength.

• Baller
Not about breaking a ski, it’s about how they ride. Sounds like you didn’t notice a difference in performance, which is what I would expect. I think you’d only notice a difference at faster speeds/shorter lengths. The carbon Omni is a great ski and only subtly different from the syndicate version IMO.

• Baller
Biggest difference is the heavier PU core material in the Carbon version. The PU gives the ski a "quieter" feel terms of vibration from less than perfect water. At slower speeds and longer line lengths, it makes sense that you didn't notice much difference. They both pass the same QC tests for breakage, so you should not be worried about breaking either one. Hope this info helps!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

I went through this same situation earlier this year. I ended up buying the carbon onmi my mate the syndicate. They are both great skis imho. The carbon feels better to me, it feels more forgiving. My mate thinks he may have even bought the carbon if he had skied it first. That said we mainly free ski in open water. Neither of us have had a chance to try them on course yet. I’d be happy with either and when I bought my I could get a great deal on the carbon which was the ultimate decider for me.

• Members

@savaiusini @Clydesdale

thank you for the reply.

I want to speed up my skills. I have both Cabon and Syndicate Omni.

If there is a difference in performance, I heard that it is better to ride Cabon for the current skill level.

How long do I have to ride the Cabon and when do I have to ride the Syndicate omni?

I saw reviews saying that Syndicate omni is good from 13m and Syndicate Pro is good from 12m.

When is a good time to switch from Cabon to Syndicate omni?

• Baller
@wonwoolee Ride the one that feels best to you. They are both geared for essentially the same skier. If it were me, I would probably sell the one you don't like as well and put that money towards a Pro or an Omega when you are consistently running 22-28off passes at 34mph.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@wonwoolee what Sam said. Both skis are amazing so no bad decision here. If it were me, I’d probably choose the syndicate and sell the carbon. Just because if I did the opposite I’d always be wondering with every new buoy/pass “would I feel the difference now?” I never regret buying the best and the syndicate is NOT going to impede your improvement.