momentary lost of power

jchore

we are experiencing a delay in power when we start hauling a skier, the engine kind of dies when we apply full throttle just for a sec an d then works just fine..

its a 2001 pcm ex343 with perfect pass... any thoughts?

we cleaned the gas filter and injectors..

• Baller
Long shot, but check your alternator output during the power loss. I struggled with a similar issue for a couple of years. The slight hiccup under power eventually turned into a stalling situation, after which the boat would fire right back up. Turned out to be a voltage spike from my alternator that was freaking out the ECM and shutting down the fuel pump. Replaced alternator, and all has been fine since.

Hi....i have a 96 1100 zxi. just this last friday it was running great with zero troubles. today it started good but about 5 minutes in to my run the engine was not producing nearly as much power as it did last week. there is nothing that i can feel in the intake great but suddenly my ski wont get up past 6k on the tach. it is idling rougher and there is a almost sneezing sound from inside the engine compartment every once in a while at low speed. any ideas would be most appreciated.