New Ski Question

Woody74

• Baller

Hello everyone. I got back into skiing in 2018 after about a 17 year break. I forgot how much I love skiing! In 2018 I picked up an HO Syndicate Omni and it's been a great ski (much lighter than my Kidder Redline from the late 90's!). I primarily free ski open water and would consider myself a good free skier. I ski 22-28' off, occasionally 32' off at 32-34mph. On the very rare occasion I get to ski a course (only 3 times in my life) I am good for 3-4 buoys @ 15' off at 32mph with one full pass at 6 buoys.

As I am getting into much better ski shape this year and skiing weekly I am considering moving from a crossover ski (my HO Omni) to a true course slalom ski as that is what I grew up skiing on. I am 47 years old and a fit 6'3" 235lbs. My Omni is a 69" and feels more than stable at my current weight and boat speed. The ski I am looking at getting this winter is the 2022 Radar Vapor Pro Build. My question is do I need to get the 69.5" or would I be ok with a 68" in the Radar Pro build at my height, weight and ski style? A good friend now lives on a private lake with a course so my chances to run through the course will increase but I will still primarily be early morning aggressive open water sessions. Thanks for any info/help!

Joe

• Baller
@Woody74 Get whatever size Radar's size chart recommends. If you are on the boarderline, I would recommend going to the larger size. Larger skis are less work and you shouldn't have problems getting it to turn if you set it up correctly.