Nautique 200 heater winterization

Clydesdale

• Baller
First year winterizing my 2019 200. First 90% of the job was impressive. Nautique/PCM put a lot of thought into making things easier with the extension hoses and blue screw caps. Then I got to the heater. Ugh. The boat's never been winterized in 800 hours and these were/are really stuck on there. Also, the location is awkward to access with any kind of tool-especially the rear hose. I still don't have that one off. First question -I was able to blow into the front hose and the water evacuated from the heater core through the open connection to the circulator pump. With previous boats I would blow through in both directions, but do you think blowing through only the front hose is enough? (I will run RV antifreeze through the system after drain) Second, has anyone ever installed three way valves in the heater lines? I would think that might be a good long-term solution to simplify future winterization. If so, pics of your valves would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Baller

In general for any stubborn hose removal, this tool is one of the greatest tools I've ever discovered and I end up reaching for it often in my garage: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050SFZBG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0NSGN0Z75F4CFA06ACV1

It's common to install 5/8" barbed quick disconnects in the heater hoses in convenient locations to make winterizing easier. They can be found at the hardware store or even big box home stores usually.