Help save the rest of our Club's season

jpwhit

• Baller

Our ski club has a 2012 Nautique 200 and the Pedal Position Sensor has failed. It's PCM part number R119005, but that part has been replaced by R119005A. With the revised "A" part the ECM has to be reflashed with new calibration file(s). The Nautique dealer within driving distance of us can't get us in for many weeks. I have Diacom and am 100% comfortable flashing the ECM, I just need the appropriate calibration file(s). I'm hoping someone here can help our club out by sending me the required calibration file(s). Trying to avoid missing the end of our season as the weather is closing in us. We normally ski through most of November.

If someone has the file(s), can you send them to john dot whitfield at gmail dot com. If the file is too big to be sent as an email attachment, I'm happy to provide a google drive link such that the file(s) can be uploaded to my google drive. Thanks in advance.

• Baller

It's not a problem getting the revised part. It's readily available for a reasonable price, I just have to have the updated ECM calibration files for it to work properly.

Like Mastercraft, the actual electronic sensor module is made by a 3rd party and could be replaced independently if it could be acquired. But, this particular sensor is made by Wabash. But Wabash is no longer in business and the sensor module is no longer available through any electronic supply houses. I assume this is likely the reason for there being a revised "A" part with different characteristics.

• Baller

I am fortunate to have a 08 CC Ski Nautique 196 Limited with PCM 343 EX 5.7L with Zero Off. The check engine light comes on when the boat is idling in neutral but goes off when it's throttled up(in or out of gear). A local independent marine mechanic used a TechMate Pro to determine the need for a new Pedal Position Sensor(engine-mounted potentiometer in PCM speak). Is a Diacom required to update the ECM from RA119005 to RA119005A, or can a TechMate Pro be used for it? https://www.mniboats.com/PCM-Throttle-Control-Position-Potentiometer-Assemb-p/ra119005a.htm  

Fortunately, I can ski with friends, but I want to get this sorted out soon.

@Jody_Seal & @skiinxs skinnxs I will message you directly to see if we can arrange to update my ECM via shipping. 

Edited by vtjc

• Baller

I got exceptional service from PCM for my fifteen-year-old boat and engine. They replied promptly to my inquiry from their website and answered my question on the phone. More importantly, they got my ECM Thursday morning, updated it, and returned it to UPS that afternoon. From diagnosis to repair, I was back in the water in a week. 

• Like 2