Anyone ever driven a Fiat?

Keith_Menard

• Baller

Amazing, there is one of the few that are still running.

I know, I had a 1976 (carb) and a 1983 (fuel injection).

Definitely have to enjoy, and know how to work on them. But, fun as hell to drive.

I upgraded to a Z3, then a Z4.

• Baller

@PatM, my buddy also had a 124...and crashed it...and I was in it. But we outlived the 124.

@Keith_Menard, as you know I grew up in Lisbon. My Dad had at least 2 Fiats (maybe 3). I believe they were the 600 and the 1100...mid 50's to mid 60's. Somehow, they fit as much (or as many) as my SUV now...haha

• Baller
@Keith_Menard Take a wrench to a Chevy or Ford and you need Metric wrench's! Only 3 countries not on the Logical Metric system, USA, Myanmar, Liberia, nice company you keep.......And Yes, I owned a Fiat 124 and a couple of Alfa Romeo's, Italian cars have passion!

• Baller

@jpattigr just because we are in the minority, doesn't mean we are wrong :)

I prefer my measurements based on a king, than some scientist who one day said...THAT is a millimeter!

It's like soccer...if we wanted to watch someone rolling around grabbing their knee crying all the time, we would just watch women's figure skating (too soon?)

• Baller

The US should have transitioned and been fully metric over 30 years ago.

If we had stuck to that plan, I could have fewer wrenches and socket sets. ?

Thinking in tenths is so much easier than twelves and sixteenths (when you make the slightest effort).

So, back to skiing....hoping I can do better next set at 55 kph with 13 and 12 meters of rope.

• Baller
@Keith_Menard , I can dislike but remain pretty calm with your bashing of the metric system, or even a king over a scientist. BUT, soccer?...that's way over the line. We'll discuss in the summer...haha

• Baller
Nobody really drives a Fiat. People own them, go for one or two short outings and then has an experience that causes them to become familiar with a tow truck driver. Then a mechanic, and if you choose to keep making payments to these two professions, these people will become like family that you can not get rid of. Oh! wait, doesn't Fiat own Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram?