Does one still scrub the bottoms?

skiron07

• Baller

@MDB1056 skis come out of molds so there is a release or parting agent applied to the mold. A wax or silicone usually.

some people used to really scrub a new ski and rinse before they used it thinking it would be slippery. sort of tech tip you'd see tucked into a waterski mag article.

• Baller
@skiron07 Definitely do not want to scrub the bottom of any ski that has our Speedskin base material. If anything, you can do what @Horton said, but not necessary at all due to our manufacturing process. Enjoy your new Omega!! B)

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
Interestingly, I had Dave Goode send me a new ski a couple years ago. I couldn’t get it to work for me. A couple weeks later we were at the same site. First thing he did was use soap and a scotch brite pad to scrub the bottom. We made some additional adjustments and it still wasn’t right for me.

• Baller

@klindy one time when Dave was at the Ridge I was practicing on the short side and popped the handle and put a hole the size of a golf ball in the top of my new XT I ran over in a panic and showed it to him. He said wow it sucks to be you!! Then he laughed and said blow it out with your compressor fill it with JB and go ski!

Matched my LTPB the next day.

We miss that man at the Ridge!

• Baller

I used to wash with dish soap the bottom of all my new skis.

Started using a new NRG R2 last week, no soap/wash, and it worked like a charm from the first pass.

Just hope now that the ski keeps working well when all wax or whatever is washed out…