AWSA Rule Book Updates

Horton

• Baller

I love this rationale it says something about our demograhpics

"a rated Technical

Controller shall be considered fully qualified to operate the computer

while working with an appropriately rated judge.

Rationale: TCs are sometimes way better at the operation of computers than the judges.

• Baller_
With three (or more- Splasheye, Corson and Video Tape Measure), there’s a lot of technology to stay current with. If you only judge jump a couple times a year, you could be in over your head. Especially if your computer freezes at the wrong moment, or, God forbid, you hit a wrong button at exactly the wrong time.

Lpskier

• Baller
@RAWSki and to add to @lpskier point, the rules define the number of rated judges required to run the event. This language clarification essentially allows a rated TC to work in a position of a judge. It’s the same rationale as a boat driver being allowed to act as a boat judge to accommodate a pin person and a video person in the boat (no room for a 4th person).

• Baller
@klindy I get it, in fact i assisted and observed operation of the our new VTM system last fall and it definitely takes time for everyone to learn I just found the rationale sentence rather amusing However i did not see where it actually says that a rated TC can replace or do double-duty as a judge position but if that is the case that's s a very good thing.