Why Your Start Speed is Holding your Skiing Back!

ROBOT

• Administrators

This is something that is so simple to change but so many people ignore it, never change it and struggle through their first pass and wonder why the set has no rhythm! As always thank you for watching and feel free to drop any questions below!

Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/robhazelwood99

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/robhazelwood99

00:00 - Intro

00:24 - The Problem

00:36 - Don't Be that guy!

00:58 - What is the right start speed for you

02:50 - Why slowing your start speed is beneficial

03:49 - Thank you

• Baller
I don't know if it's covered in the video (I'd love to watch it later, but don't have time at the moment), but the best ski advice that I heard recently came from a coach who said it as plainly as possible. "Nobody gives a sh*t if you start at 22off, or at 24mph, the only thing that people might actually care about is where your skiing ends" really put some perspective on checking egos in favor of a better set

• Baller_
I'm a 32mph/15 off skier and on a good day make half my passes, less in winter in dry suit. Today my opening pass was so easy - earlier at each ball, could have made a 12 ball course! Turns out ZO got bumped down to 28, a speed I have not tried in several years. So went up to 30, did two more "easy for me" passes, then finished with three 32's, managed to make one but felt more in control. Thanks @ROBOT - for the vid - will be starting at 30 next weekend! BTW I read alot of gripes about the big nautique wake at slow speeds. Did not perceive a difference at 28 or 30 today.

• Baller

If I were you, I would do 1 28, which you will run 100% of the time, 2 30s, 2 32s, and 1 34 (or 22 off @ 32, depending on your top speed) on a good day where you run your 2nd 32 or both, or 3 32s.

JMHO.

• Baller_
@ral here's my update - tried 4 28's in 2 sets, too slow/sinking. Since then, 1st set 3 30's then 3 32's; have only missed one 30 since last post. They are a nice warm up and help get the creaks out! This moring, 1st set ran all 3 30's and all 3 32's; couldn't tell you the last time I managed 6 full passes. 2nd set ran 2 30's then nice face plant around 6 ball at 32. Oh well, try try again tomorrow!