D3 NRG R2 versus Radar Senate Pro

Ronny61

• Baller

I am skiing on a 2018 67 Radar Senate Lithium for the past couple years and thinking about a new ski this year.

Has anyone here skied both the Senate pro and the NRG R2 and can give a good comparison to each other? or is there a reason that these 2 skis should not even be compared to each other?

Also curious what differences / benefits might I feel in either of these compared to my Senate Lithium?

Appreciate any input...thanks

• Baller
I have skied both, and own an NRG R1. I skied my buddies R2 and it is fantastic. Really much better than the R1 in my opinion. I skied the Senate Pro at the @theboardingschool and bought the ski. I felt the Senate was much more confidence inspiring. That said, the R2 was great. For reference, I am 54 and started skiing about 5 years ago. I ski at 32mph, and last summer just started skiing 28' off, inconsistently. If you can get to the boarding school, I am sure Travis can put you on one. You will probably buy it.

• Baller

@Ronny61

To me the NRG R2 ski does not feel like a wide ski under foot. If memory serves me right the R2 is 0.100" wider than the Ion.

The 2018 Senate I tried felt wider than the Vapor of the same year. I believe the Senate is 0.200" wider than vapor.

I think you would have to ride anything you are looking at back to back to make the call on what feels wider.

• Baller
I appreciate all the input from you guys, the d3 sounds like the ski I am leaning towards and will order one for a demo and if it feels good to me I will keep it. I assume Radar bindings will work on this ski? Thinking about ordering the 22 vapor as well

• Baller
Also interested in this. Life long skier, nearly life long Kidder (Redline) through D3 era Denny Kidder owning skier, and was considering selling my ARC (yellow) for the NRGR2, as I love and am so used to that D3 ski feel, but also wondered about the Senate or Syndicate, given what friends use. Looking like they are very different feeling skis from the remarks. Hmm.