Right leg(back leg)hip replacement.feb.10th

Powerocker

Hoping to ski by the end of the summer.So far I am hearing that 5-6 months is about right.I started riding my mountain bike on the flats and walk 1-3 miles per day.stretching daily.any pointers?

Mid September THR and I started skiing last week. Feels good so 6 months was about right for me. Biking, walking, lap swim and stretching all helped me. Don't jump into anything full blast. I took many steps backward along the way by starting activities to aggressively. Good Luck.

• Baller_
@Powerocker @bbskier I am overdue for a THR (back leg); thing holding me back is I run my vet hospital as a solo veterinarian, so when I'm down, pets don't get help & hard to pay the staff. Can you give me any expectations on how long post op before I can spend 6+ hours a day on my feet? Staff can wrestle the crazy dogs but my job is not at a desk. BTW my surgeon said I could ski after 16 weeks but don't think I will be that brave!

• Baller
I had a total hip 12/21/2021. Skied my first set 3/22/2022. I think you could stand 6 plus hours a day after a month or so as long as you could take a few breaks every so often. Find a doc that does the anterior approach, It makes all the difference. I recommend Rebound. They are the best!!!!

• Baller

I had a Birmingham hip replacement on my left around January 3 2021. I started doing some "light" skiing in late April, most just riding my trick ski. I got back on my slalom ski in late May and started very slowly. I seem to remember that I did not start skiing buoys right away and when I did I was very measured keeping my speed and line length below where I would normally start my season. It took quite a while to get to the point where I felt my strength in my hip was at a more "normal" level. I had my right hip done November 3 2021 and I plan on handling the start of my season similar to how I did with my left hip.

Build up your strength and flexibility as much as you can before skiing. Take it slow when you do get back in the water. Best of luck to you!