what ridiculous thing did you do today?

Horton

• Administrators
My ski partner today was half my age. When he showed up he asked what we were doing today and I told him we were both going to go around 100 each. By the end of today he had 101 and I had 108. I may look brave now but tomorrow morning maybe another story.

• Administrators
@klindy 18 total passes. 10 the first ride 8 2nd ride. it's not all that difficult for me to do this in August or September but doing it in April kicked my ass

• Baller

Left my home in Santa Cruz at 7:15 to join up with huge alumni friends from my Santa Clara Water Ski Club and BWSC (Russ) we hooked up the boat went to pick up older alumni Jerry (former national champ) at the donut shop near his home. Loaded with donut holes filling and after $100 in boat (let's go Brandon) gas we got on the delta at Holland Marina

That aside , it was an usually great spring day the best ski site on the delta. Jerry, first ride this year on a course, set the pace and skied an amazing set for his first ride in the course this year, last pass had a huge dismount and we wish rib shot will recover so he can join us next week.

• Baller

I once had a contest with a buddy on who good do the most balls in a row.

Spinning at both ends nonstop at 41 off in the mini course. He did a 100

going first I ended up with a hundred plus thought I was going to die after

50 but kept on going. If I had gone first would have had my ass kicked. My

buddy was hardly breathing hard when he stopped, he just figured he did

enough that I would not beat him. I can only imagine how many the Ross boys could

do non-stop.

• Baller

My Dad would ski 30 passes in a set, wait for you to get done, then ski 30 more. We didn’t spin at the ends but that guy was built different.

I’m usually able to start a season with sets of 8-10 and build up to 12-16 by mid season.

I’ll let @6balls quote his own numbers

• Industry Professional
Hit a lifetime milestone of 10 consecutive 39s@36mph in a 14pass set. I stopped because I didnt want to ruin the streak. Time to shorten the rope. More impressive is the drivers focus behind the wheel for the entire set. I owe him a couple beers!

• Industry Professional

@swbca - I am a huge fan of free-skiing or spinning if the goal is conditioning. Typically though, I drop at the end of every pass. If I want to simulate shitty conditions, I'll drop very briefly and not give water time to settle.

I like to have a moment to digest each pass and just access what went good and what I can work on, as well as check in with the driver to see what they felt.

Hard to be settled and focused spinning passes. I can do it, have done it, but its NEVER anything like coming into a pass after a deep water start (even a brief one). Plus, at this point in my journey, I do as much as possible to mitigate injury. with spining passes, getting tired, lazy with your moves, oxygen deprivation to the brain, rolley conditions and a driver barely able to hold a good path in the rollers isn't a recipe for success at 38/39/41.

• Baller

100? 8 passes is 48…2sets is 96. Average day at the office, no?

In all seriousness that wud be enuff for me unless you threw a challenge out there. As @RazorRoss3 says tho, for my bro Jim even at 50 plus years old 100 balls was a joke.

One set 28, 32 and twelve 35s. Next set thirty 32s. He ran a third that day cuz the lake was still smooth I have no idea how many more I didn’t drive it he was out there a long time. Different animal.

@adamhcaldwell u are also a freak of nature! Jim had mad respect for you.

In other whacky news I have on video @RazorRoss3 bench pressing 505 lbs if we wanna talk whacky stuff.

• Baller

Yeah, I have some gym stories that are hard to believe, good genetics and good training I guess. Gotta give credit to the old man for getting me into the gym.

@adamhcaldwell I’m looking forward to getting back into my C85 soon with ice going out. I’m gonna start rocking my way deep 38 this season if I get my way!