Another option.... 1999 Air Nautique?

tlarocque

• Baller

foxriverat- I have been in touch with that seller and 2 other boats in Discovery Bay, yes. Has TBI motor which isn't my first choice. Found a 1999 in the same neighborhood that looks really nice but doesn't have a trailer. Going to work that one. Pic attached:

o0g0pniffkzo.jpg

• Baller
I have a 2000 Air Nautique. I hadn’t started skiing when I bought it and I think about replacing it all the time, especially after I ski behind a ski Nautique. That said, there are plenty of direct drive boats that are much worse. It is quite versatile though, we ski and occasionally surf behind it.

• Baller
The 1999 sport with no bags or tower skis really close to the 206. We switch back and forth between them all summer with no complaints at 28 off and shorter. Also ski behind a 1999 bouble butt which is hands down better.

• Baller_

The second generation sport nautique was the first project i was assigned to when I started my employment with CC.

In defense of the second gen sport in its purest from it was a pretty good overall slalom boat.

The running proto type that Steve Meloon and I decked and rigged was light and low as it had a plywood deck. Full Tournament instrumentation as well as platform. Maybe the boat weighed in at around 2300 pounds.

We had a full dugout of team skiers to test with.

Seen some real short rope lengths go down behind that prototype in our testing.

It all went to hell as a decent overall slalom boat when the production deck and interior went on the hull. Even got worse as wake board permeated into the program and towers started appearing.

I lobbied hard to build the boat as a closed bow option.......

• Baller
@tlarocque I own a 1999 Air Nautique. The slalom wake at 15' off is pretty bad, and at 22' off it's just awful - the bulge where the wakes come together is brutal. Shorter tham 22' off it's better, but this is not a pure slalom boat - far from it. If you want a multi-purpose / family boat, it's very nice. But definitely not a great slalom wake.

• Baller
I appreciate all the comments. We have a 2012 SAN 210 for "wake" stuff, so I'm going to stay focused and find a pure ski boat. I really want a closed bow, TSC hull boat. Considering a NWZ boat just because I think they look so cool. I'm scouring the market daily.

• Baller

@Ronny61- That boat is absolutely perfect, with the exception of the fact that it couldn't be farther away from me unless I moved to Hawaii. It is also listed on BoS. I have toyed with the idea of trying to get a quote for shipping on U-ship but I think that would just be depressing.

Thank you though.

• Baller
Here's a tip for U-ship. Make sure you take bids for at least a week. Longer if you can afford the time. Ignore the first ones that come in, they tend to be way high. It takes the folks that'll give a descent price some time to collect up a good set of jobs to make a trip worth their time with a good price to the consumers.

• Baller

Agree re: U-ship, I have used the site several times for vehicles and boats. Bruce sounds like he has a buyer already, which is not surprising. Hoping a nice bubble butt or TSC1 similar to this nice boat will come up a little closer to me.

Since I am used to skiing a 206, how do you guys think I would find the NWZ hull? Several 93-96 boats out there, certainly less money.

Hey that’s my boat. Was reading about nautiques and came across this thread. I bought her earlier this year and have her in a slip at big bear lake. Aside from blowing and impeller and some warm start issues she has been a great general purpose boat for the small lake. I ended up paying $22k.