Masters?

MitchellM

• Baller

I'm there every year and have been for the last 20. Advice to those attending get there early and stake your claim on the beach on on the grassy knoll behind the sand. Bring a cooler full of food and libations and have a good time. Limited food is available for purchase and vender row on the beach has skis, ropes, jackets, etc on site and usually includes a masters discount if you buy it there. Canopy covers aren't allowed on the beach and a few years ago they outlawed beach umbrellas but last year they were all over the place so maybe they eased up and making people take them down. The pros themselves mingle on the beach with fans and many don't realize who they are. IE Whitney qualified for the finals and 10 mins later she was hanging out on the beach with her young son right next to me and just like that she was in full mommy mode and talking with other young new moms about newborn stuff. I don't think those around her knew who she was. It was kinda cool to see. Fireworks and a concert are on the docket around dark so Callaway has stepped up there game to get more folks to the tournament. Not too many places to eat in Pine Mountain and those places are packed with masters fans so be prepared.

For you Christians, there is a church service at the Pine Mountain lodge led usually by Kristi Overton Johnson, Shaun Murray, and Emily Copeland Durham on Sunday morning. Then its off to the beach for Stars on the Water parade with all the athletes in the finals. It's a great couple of days. It's usually hot and the water is cool so if you haven't been and are thinking about it; then pull the trigger and go. you won't be disappointed.

• Baller

Thanks for the great info! I've been going to Callaway Gardens one week in June with my family for the past 21 years. We just never made it to the Masters. My kids all learned to ski on Robin Lake. Nautique used to leave two boats up there after the tournament for the summer, and the local kids would give us instruction.

Now that we're learning the course, we are excited to finally be up at Callaway for the Masters.

• Baller
@Wish As far as I know there isn't an additional fee... If you don't/didn't get your tix ahead of time you just pay the $36 as you get to the gate house entrance at Robin Lake. Cheaper if you go ahead and by the 2 day beach pass at $50. In the 20 years I've been going I've never seen the rest of the gardens. Saturday prelims start at 8:00 am and go to about 4:30 pm so you're pretty wiped out from sitting in the sun all day, hanging in the water or on the pavilion out of the sun close to the action if you purchase those passes. My advice to all you ballers is to get there early and claim your spot on the beach waters edge. The place fills up pretty quick and folks on the grassy knoll stack their claim Fri and leave their canopy, chairs and etc there for the next three days. Beach goers don't. Alcohol is permitted on the beach but do yourself a favor and don't bring bottles. Barney is ever present and although I've never seen it. They'd probably tell you no bottles. Bring plenty of Sunscreen and you're floppy hat as that beach gets blazingly hot in the Middle Ga Sun.

• Baller
We stayed at the Callaway lodge and I recall the room rate included geneal admission tickets to the park. We bought pavilion tickets online and picked them up in the Scorers’ trailer.