BOATS BOATS BOATS

bananaron

• Baller

pb22zu86votf.jpg

My local MC dealer in MN. has this prostar for sale and you can have it the end of summer.I really think the price of boats has gone up a little the past 20yrs.WOW......If anyone has a boat they want to sell contact me soon otherwise I guesss I will take up bridge and golf at the local country club.

• Baller

My bro bought a '15 MC new with the 6.2 for $70's. I thought that was a lot at the time. I really can't fathom today's boat prices. My last ride was a 2000 bubble butt bought in 2010 with 84 hours for $17K (strangely sold after 11 years for $21K). The most I ever spent for a ski boat. $39K is the biggest spend so far on a vehicle--2011 Porsche Panamera Turbo bought 2 years ago.

I make a decent income, but no way I could justify a new, or even most used boats today. Too many other financial obligations in life.

• Baller

I feel like someone needs to grab an old camcorder and get @bananaron to shoot a throwback late-night TV style commercial complete with cheesy 80s-early 90s graphic effects.

"DO YOU HAVE A LATE MODEL INBOARD? IS IT PRISTINE? ARE YOU NOT USING IT? IF SO I'LL BUY IT! CALL RON! OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY!

(insert the following names spinning-in in text as they're said)

NAUTIQUES!

MASTERCRAFTS!

MALIBUS!

CENTURIONS!

HECK, EVEN GEKKOS!

NO PRISTINE BOAT WILL BE TURNED AWAY! CALL TODAY!"

• Baller

@skierjp i know. Got mine with 42k miles and a 4 year aftermarket warranty. Glad someone paid $180k cuz that was the sticker in 2011 as well.

My last 3 vehicles were over $100k new—but I paid less than $40k. My wife dives a ‘08 Benz AMG we bought in 2013. Still looks and drives great.

I’m not much for big money on depreciating assets when I can have just as much fun for far less. Will drive the wheels off the Porsche and repeat.

• Baller

@UWSkier , you trying to tell me that Ron does not now own a boat dealership ? Seems that he is leading the pack as far as boats bought and sold on this sight ?

Like your idea ,he could do Cal Worthington type commercials. Google Cal Worthington commercials. He had some real goofy ones with his dog Spot.