UFP Vault

TFisher

• Baller
I have a boatmate trailer with UFP vault system. Has anyone serviced and/or replaced with bearing buddy? Can it be converted to bearing buddy? Neither the trailer distributor nor mechanic has ever seen the system. I've done bearing buddy, but this one is a little different. Any input would be helpful.

• Baller

You can buy the entire UFP Vault system hub assembly including brakes complete per side.

I have a boat mate trailer as well. Replaced both sides in 2-3 hours including the bleeding of the brakes. Call them and they can set you up.

• Baller

Are you having issues with it? I picked up a newer boat last fall that came with a 2019 Boatmate trailer that has the Vault setup, upon reading up on it it’s supposed to be maintenance free?

I’m with you on wanting to be able to ensure my trailer is fully operational prior to a long haul though…

• Baller

No issues as of yet.

Parts availabilty is more difficult than bearing buddy, non-resuable dust caps and special grease.

Bearing buddy, on the other hand, uses reusable dust caps and standard grease, etc. The only issue I've ever had with BB is the grease seals were not locally available.

I went ahead and ordered the parts and will give repack a try using the vault system.

• Baller

I've had a boatmate with the vault bearing lube.

From what I have seen is the grease turns to liquid (oil) when they get warm. I have found all the parts needed at Pacific Trailer. (I have no connection to them.)

I think just keeping an eye on the seals as this seem to be an excellent system.