Broken 2018 HO Syndicate VTX

ataylor6085

About a month ago I was free skiing and I internally broke, the outside laminate held together, my 2018 HO Syndicate VTX 66". I do not ski very aggressively, hit nothing, and cannot think of any other logical reason as to how I would be able to break a ski. It has been stored in a bag, inside for the entirety of its' life outside of being on the boat for skiing. I spoke to HO support regarding the matter and was basically told to get lost since it was past its' 1-year warranty. I was told by them to contact my dealer, but the ski was bought on a college ski team deal and I do not have access to information as to how the ski was acquired. I have been told by others that HO has good service, but I have not had this experience. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could get the ski either replaced or upgraded at a reduced cost due to the unexplainable nature of the break, especially when it was not that old?

• Baller_
I would probably be disappointed if my 4-5 year old ski failed, but would not expect the manufacturer to help with that many miles on it. And, If I really liked the ski I would probably look at new models of the same brand to replace it. Skis break, they wear out, some quicker than others.

• Baller

@ataylor6085 just out of curiosity then. If you went out tomorrow and spent the 2K on a brand new one. Not a demo not a used one not a blem. And you get 2 years and it breaks. How upset will you be?

Because that also will be outside of warranty and was new and structurally sound.

Not all skis break but stuff happens

• Baller_

Just some input from someone who talks to people and the companies. you would be amazed at how many people Lightly ski 1 or 2 months total on a ski that is 2+ years old, however there is no way to verify any of that so while people like to think it is a gray area, its pretty black and white with the one year manufacture warranty. I have seen a lot of people who say they never hit anything but have popped the handle into the nose, and that can cause an internal break. Most of the time when the ski/wakeboard finally break, it didn't just happened something happened a while ago, and you are just now seeing it get to the outside.

I am not saying you are lying at all or anything just giving insight from someone who gets those emails about my ski/wakeboard/wakesurfer was barley used, and its 3-10 years old. Sometimes it is true, and sometimes people just want new gear. It is rare for HO to give off the get lost vibe, however we(as a pro shop) are at the time of year where a lot of people seem to break things, right before the new stuff comes out, but warranty is meant to go through the dealer so I am sure they are just stressed, as I am sure if someone gets denied at a shop they probably try to call them direct.

that being said, I would be happy to see what I can do for you on some skis I have in the shop if you want to shoot me a pm if you have not already found another ski.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾