Carbon Pro Electronic shift control part needed

Ali

• Baller

Our 2016 6L Carbon Pro hit an issue with throttle unit. Would only go in reverse. After chatting with Skip Dunlap and some investigation we are pretty sure it is the electronic shift that needs replaced. That is the box behind the throttle lever. Number of the box shows as 2016 Livorsi/EMC/EE008726. Our local dealer does not have that "reference" but thinks the p/n may be 5035, but will need to call Centurion/Fineline Supreme on Monday for confirmation.

Any BOS folks think they know the part and who may have it? Preparing ourselves to search far and wide!!

Cheers

Ali

• Baller_

did you go back to the transmission and swap the connectors on the electronic selector valve?

just want to make sure that forward has not failed. forward now reverse, reverse now forward. if it won't go forward with the connectors swapped you have a control issue.

• Baller
I had an interesting conversation with the Livorsi tech as @ali and I were thinking of getting the old throttle rebuilt as a backup. Apparently the issue is commonly in the circuit board and they have redesigned it with zero failures on the new ones. As such, we agreed it was a waste of $195 to rebuild it in light of the fact that we ordered a new one. There is a post out there on another forum about how to repair this if you are good with circuit board soldering.

• Baller

I had the same issue a little over a year ago @Ali on my 2017. Skip helped me troubleshoot as well. The throttle was replaced under warranty at Miami Nautiques. It's starting the same process over again. Occasionally won't start and emits a fuzzy/shorting sound from the throttle. I'm sure I'll need a new one again soon.

@Bdecker, do you know when the redesign was done/or redesign part number?

• Baller

@santangelo - I do not know. We’re still waiting for our new part from Fineline. Allegedly due to arrive tomorrow at the local Centurion dealer. I will share the part # when I have it in hand.

@shoeskiman - the DIY was a single post in a Malibu forum. Sorry I don’t have the link but if you google livorsi throttle repair you’ll find it quick