Will the World Senior Tournament in France in September be streamed somewhere

swbca

• Baller_

We had one of the competitors (an old ski friend) coaching us at our place yesterday. It was an inspiration to see how well a 69 year old can ski. It would be fun to see the tournament streamed.

Our coach for the day

jhmhis1dcif4.png

• Baller_

Link to the SCHEDULE of eventshttp://www.iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=T-22IWWF10&page=TimeTable&fbclid=IwAR2G1juHhnr52v8g3eYhldkV-9akjbRygOEmUxFWh_RXpIORXiybJ9nuCe4

Link to the Results (from smilinjim above)https://www.iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=T-22IWWF10&page=live

VIDEO STREAM STARTED TODAY WITH JUMP AND TRICKS PRELIMINARY

VIDEO STREAM TOMORROW, WILL START WITH SLALOM FINALS

Saturday, September 17, 2022 See link above for SCHEDULE and Running Order8:00 Over 65 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 70 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 75 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 65 Men Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 70 Men Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 75 Men Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 55 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 55 Men Slalom Final Lake 1

Sunday, September 18, 2022 See link above for SCHEDULE and Running Order8:00 Over 45 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 45 Men Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 35 Women Slalom Final Lake 1
Following Over 35 Men Slalom Final Lake 1

• Baller_

BALL2, INSIDE OR OUT ?

These are two consecutive frames in the video . . there is no image in between from the YouTube stream.

f0ql87htm8sp.png7v03n0oyzs5g.png

This was ball 2 at 39off for Jack Mills in the Final. They called it "good" which would have been the deciding call for 1st place if Jack hadn't missed the entry gate in the runoff for 1st place with Stephen Miller who had scored 2 @39.

Not favoring any skier; just glad this call didn't end up deciding the winner. It would be an long flight home from France if an incorrect judges call cost you the World Title.

The announcers called it as a miss . . didn't hear anything about a review.

• Baller

I cannot tell if it was a good or bad call. But two points from the webcast and the picture above

1. There was a review. It took some time and the announcers said that upon the review, the two buoy count was confirmed by the judges
  2. the buoy in the 2nd picture seems to be there but just behind the ski. On my screen, I see a fading red buoy shape behind the spray.

• Baller

vihp4mw31ept.jpegDon’t want to be a smart ass but the streaming quality was really bad, I guess internet speed was very low and there were frames missing while watching. The buoy looks slightly visible behind the skier. Yea don’t want to call this by these photos and the webcasting.

• Baller_

@skialex I think you right . . you circled the ball in the bottom frame. Its not possible to tell in these shots at what point the ball crossed under the ski . . in front of the front foot or if it was displaced and crossed further back.

• Baller

Just back from France, it wasnt as much the buoys were large and they were (largest in years) but they moved, a lot. A deep float course and the buoys and gates were moving significantly. A large number of gates be missed, including mine were a result of gates, not being in same place when you got to them

• Baller_

@JackQ So this course had no lateral tubes 6 feet down ? I had a 22 anchor course in 85 feet of water. I added the ~42' lateral pipes 6 feet down to tighten width tolerance, but also fixed buoy shift from boat passing through gates (had END gate spacer pipes as well).

Are there specs on buoy position stability for "Record Capability" If not it sounds like there should be.

• Baller

I believe there were additional anchors to prevent the course from bending but whatever it was the bouys moved vertically and laterally, enough to see the buoy go up enough to see the line under the buoy and then have the buoy disappear. Some of which was likely caused by the floating tire wall 30 ft or so to the side of the course. One skier got lean locked, and when he bailed he hit the tires. Quite unique site