Brett Mainer

Horton

• Administrators

From the Berkeley Water Ski Club

Tragic passing of Beloved Western Region-Area 2, Sacramento Skier Brett Mainer, Our 2022 Western Regional Second Place Slalom Winner, Men's Four Division.

To Our Berkeley Water Ski Club Family & Our Friends of BWSC, It is with great sorrow and shock that we are sharing the tragic news, Brett Mainer, husband to Tricia, and proud father to Zane, Zack and MacKenzie Mainer has unexpectedly passed away earlier this week in a devastating accident. Brett loved water and snow skiing. He was very involved in the local water skiing community at Bell Acqua Lake One for decades. He dedicated many hours helping his wife Tricia run the highly successful Western Region Sacramento Juniors program. He and Tricia were on the Nautique Promo Team pulling countless tournaments many years for the Western Region. Brett was a great competitor. He skied tournaments consistently placing on the podiums over the years at Regionals and competing at many Nationals, not to mention his years skiing the collegiate division.

Brett had the biggest heart. A man of excellent character and good will. He had a great sense of humor, love for life and a huge wide smile that was contagious when you saw him. He was a great encouragement to his fellow skiers and gave back to the ski community in so many ways.  A true champion of life and a great example to all. 

Please respect the families privacy as they grieve the unexpected and tragic loss of their beloved husband and father. Sympathy, condolence cards, flowers, offering support and love for Tricia and the entire Mainer family.  As more information is provided, we will communicate it to you.

Our entire club joins the Mainer Family in grieving the loss of Brett and we ask that you please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

2022RegionlsMens4andBallofSprayTourn (1).jpg

• Baller

When I first got back to skiing I was traveling a lot for work. The first time I skied Bel Acqua Brett met me there and pulled me behind his boat. He was a great help to me progressing in my skiing and just a great guy. I’m very sad to hear this. Prayers of comfort to his family from mine

• Like 6

• Baller

Devastating news. I hung out with Brett at Regionals and tournaments in Sac. He helped me a lot when I was dealing with an injury. He comforted me when he didn't have to. I enjoyed talking about skiing and life while his giant dog was staring at the lake. He always shared stories about his kids and his wife, with a smile. He was one of us, a family guy, M4 skier, another good guy gone too soon. It's a sad day and he will be missed.

• Like 6

• Baller

Like many before this post I too am blown away by this tragic news. I have known Brett for 25 plus years. When I heard the news it stopped me in my tracks and brought me to tears.  When living in Sacramento area always loved skiing with Brett at the lake. As stated in an earlier post he was alway such a positive voice and fun to hang out with.  Since moving to Orlando area Brett would always make a plan to get together when he came down here whether for business or cheerleading with the family which lead to skiing multiple days together when able to.  I believe Brett will be greatly missed in our little world we call skiing. 

• Like 4

• Baller

Brett will be missed by everyone at the local tournaments.  He was a great guy and always made being on the dock fun and lighthearted.  He would always stop and chat as he was going around the lake or when he was working on one of the lake 1 boats.  I will miss skiing with him.

• Like 6