The Unknown Sport of Waterskiing - Documentary

Horton

• Baller

It’s all good I’m not traditionally that “one guy”as anyone who has been on this site knows. Just called this one like I saw it.  It’s not a bad production and has tons of cool shots/interviews with the best skiers.  
If it was to show the unknown sport to others who don’t know about it and jazz them based on its title..maybe cud do better or have a different title if that’s not the goal. 
View count is clicks—the title draws in viewers.  Not sure how many non-skiers will stick with it for the distance or click off. 
Hope it does well—those are just my concerns.  Shows we have a competitive sport with serious competitors.  If another sport that wasn’t mine showed me that kind of thing it may not do much for me—I found it hard to stick with this one.  These may generate more interest/views from their own community.   Personally edged in water 1 had me jazzed I watched it a bunch of times.  
I know some fresh tourney skiers who are really excited about skiing, ski vacations, pro lessons who watched and were like yeah ok, it’s alright.    
If you love the vid that’s cool too.  We just agree to disagree—but I’m not that “one guy who always….”  

• Like 1

• Baller

What was its intent or actual storyline?  Everyone I’ve spoken to liked it at first, but eventually struggled to finish it. 

The “critiquing” will come as this is a rare representation of our “sport” to be shared with the masses.  

• Like 3

• Baller

Here are some comments from my non-skiing friends who don’t quite understand what I’m doing all the time. 

I watched about 70% of this and it was fascinating.  Like they said on the documentary, I just thought it was an activity, not a sport.

Really cool documentary!  I remember seeing more waterskiing in the past on sports channels, but unfortunately the sport isn't a money maker.  It would be nice if they at least did more coverage during the world tournament.  I don't think most people have a clue as to the athleticism or skill level to compete.  

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

Hats off to the TWSBC! I Can only imagine how much time and money went into this film and every weekend following and broadcasting the events. 

I think they did an amazing job of capturing peoples attention from the start, as well as keeping that interest with the limited amount of time given. They are heading in the right direction IMO with the right amount of ''eye candy'', fit athletes young and old, beautiful boats, and showing the family dynamics as well. 

Like any film or docuseries sure there could be improvements, but all in all it does a great job of explaining and demonstrating the heartbeat of tournament waterskiing.

Freddy Winter was money explaining slalom, the right amount of emotion and showing how addictive the sport is.

I know my 14 year old daughter and 12 year old boy loved the film for a lot of different reasons...LOL

These athletes deserve to be popular and promoted better. This sport is not new, and it's not a fad, and it's not going away IMO.

Well done!

• Like 2

• Baller

As a ski fan I Ioved the hell out of this documentary, superb cinematography with great production values and Freddie was ace as always.

but why no tricks? Guess they couldn’t squeeze everything in but tbh I think Joel (and his ongoing overall battle with Dorien) could sustain a whole film all on his own….(Part 2?)

100% from me 👏🏼

• Baller_

Clicked on this thread, three things come to mind:

1.  Reminds me to go watch it with anticipation of a time well spent

2. Do not want to be punched in the face (or anywhere else) by Mike

3. For a different docu movie on a rainy night that highlights a sport, checks the laying it all out there box, watch 'Dust to Glory' particularly if you like cars, bikes and tacos.

• Baller

I thought it was very well done, and was a great recap of the Worlds. But I'm with 6balls and than. The title of the film gave me different expectations. Going into it I thought this would be something I could send to non water ski friends to get them interested in water skiing, but it wasn't what I expected, and don't think it would hold their attention. That being said, I very much enjoyed it and would watch it again. 

• Like 2