Nationals Practice?

Horton

• Administrators

I see the official announcement. https://www.usawaterski.org/goode-water-ski-national-championships

How busy has it been in recent years past? What are the odds hanging around to get a ride behind a specific brand of boat?

• Baller

I'd say quite busy in Chicago and Maize, but I can't recall whether times were scheduled or whether it was a free for all.  That said, sounds like Okeeheelee "could" be using as many as 5 lakes if I'm reading it right.  Seems to be a lot more kids seeking practice sets than adults if you're asking on your daughter's behalf.  So, I bet Thursday night will be crazy.  Earlier in the week, much less demand I'd imagine.

• Administrators

yeah my wife doesn't view this trip as purely water skiing so my schedule is constricted. I just need to figure out how to slide in for a few passes behind "that boat" & Florida water.

can anybody confirm that all practice will be behind nautique?

• Baller

@Horton I asked the question and the answer is not one folks are going to like unless something changes. The tournament boats are not pulling practice. It will be whatever boat(s) SCPB can find.

Edited by Ali

• Baller

@Horton The last time I went to Nationals at Okeeheelee the practice lake ran all day everyday and the boats were changed randomly. I skied behind a 200 and that boat pulled most of that day I got a set. So it just depends on what boat is in the day you want a practice ride. 

Sometimes practice can be sponsored by a boat manufacturer like it was in Texas where Bennetts provided the boats and they were all MCs.  

Edited by ColeGiacopuzzi
  • Like 2

• Baller

Some decent information in this thread. 

im not in charge of practice but in 2019 msscoke and I worked the clipboards in the morning  as we had no place to  to ski.  We were just volunteers. 

The worlds ever changing. I’ll find out what the status is if practice. Maybe. 

typcially the practice lake is running full time sun up to sun down. Starts at 7:30am (lines form at 6:45 am)

the tournament lakes occasionally will pull practice if there is not a rain delay, there is enough daylight, a boat to officially pull practice, a driver and a crew  person. As you can see it’s quite a bit to organize. 

Intiatllly  trying to get practice is very hard due to the demand but trying to get it for a specific day behind a specific boat, that’s moving mountains or lottery ticket. 

• Baller

I'm a luddite. I dont have zelle/paypal/venmo/instagram/chinesetiktok and certainly not LifeLog I mean thefacebook.

I probably wont be at nationals in any capacity. Ive gots a job now!

Main northbound at the exit gates.

Sorry. 

Main NB.jpg

Edited by scoke

• Baller

@Horton - In case you haven't seen this from the Nationals webpage:

The Practice Lake opens Monday, Aug. 7 at 10 a.m., and starting Tuesday through Friday at 7:30 a.m. Practice will end 30 minutes before sunset each day. Lakes other than the designated Practice Lake will be open Monday through Friday per the Chief Tech/Judge approval and depending on boat availability. Competition Lakes will be open 30 minutes after completion of that day’s skiing. NO congregating around dock until completion of skiing please.

Slalom – 4 Passes, $40.00

Tricks – 2 Passes, $40.00

Jump – 3 Jumps, $40.00

You must register at the Clubhouse starting 8:30 a.m. Monday, and Tuesday through Friday at 7:00 a.m. NO refunds given on unused tickets. Releases will be signed at the practice lake before you can participate. YOU MUST GO TO CLUBHOUSE TICKET WINDOW FIRST!

• Like 2

• Baller_

There is a dedicated practice lake in addition to the two slalom lakes, the trick lake and the jump lake. Practice for jump will be limited to the jump lake. The practice lake will be busy all week. Typically, you get your ticket, go to the practice lake, put your name on a list and wait your turn.  The system works pretty well. 

• DIslike 1

Lpskier

• Baller

@Horton - lpskier knows a lot  more than I do, I just found the web information, my son generally didn’t practice at Nationals because of heat and time, when he did practice it was trick and there was always his preferred boat on the trick lake but wait times were challenging.

Edited by elr

• Administrators

in my fantasy world I'll get my tournament boat, but in reality as long as I can get a couple passes on Florida water I think that will just have to do.