Spectacularly dumb or sneaky brilliant?

jcamp

• Baller_

Might be useful in regions where boats have to be stored for the winter.  You get your boat trailer and enclosed storage in one.  I would think the best use case is for those that only have to launch the boat a few times per season.  Those who trailer their boats regularly to the lake to use them might find it a bit troublesome or unwieldy to handle all the time.  A wide open and deep launch area would also be important, I think.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I could see it being a real good option for somebody that doesn't have a garage to keep their boat in.  I was that guy for the first 5 or 6 years of being a boat owner.  A covered trailer sure would have been nice at times. Especially for winter storage.  Super easy to winterize then just park wherever you want.   It's would be way better than tarping and fighting to keep the snow and ice and rain from getting in.

• Like 4

• Baller

Amen @foxriverat.  How do you wipe your boat down?

I love anything that disrupts Boatmate.  I won’t get another Nautique if our dealer keeps pushing that trailer co.

Meanwhile the wife likes the Mastercraft wakes at slower speeds & longer line lengths anyway.  I love the MC trailers.  Maybe I just need to take the final plunge and get my own MC, dock, lift & MC trailer?  🤦

• Baller

Watching the launch videos it seems like a massive pain compared to the way my buddies and I launch.  My trailer is usually in the water for a maximum of 30 seconds when retrieving, and about 10 seconds launching.  Can't wait for the day when the ramp is loaded with these massive things you can't see around that each take 10 mins to launch or retrieve.

I'd definitely want something like a Haloview camera setup to back this thing down onto the three-wide ramp with a 45 degree turn like we use at our most frequent public lake.

• Baller

I doubt Ski Boats are the target market for this. I think they are likely focused on the fishing market. Since a lot of the fishing crowd go year round, and don't winterize or wrap their boats for the winter, this has more benefit for them. Many of them also drop ton's of money into their boats, a good bit of which is just to impress people at the launch. So this would fit right into that culture. 

• Like 1

• Baller

This is not a new idea.  There was a trailer company in Oklahoma doing this in the 90's.  They did not sell many so they discontinued them.  It definitely was more popular with the professional anglers.  I was considering one to use for promo purposes with a lot of marketing on the trailer but it was price prohibitive.  A marine dealer in central Arkansas may still have one rusting away out back.  He is a skier so maybe Rick will see this and comment. 

• Baller_

The pro angler will certainly migrate to an enclosed trailer, it is after all a huge advertising billboard for any sponsors:-)  The escalating costs of water sports boats could also be a catalyst to offer a less harsh trailering option for a 300k+ boat along with the 'look at me' gratification.