Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Zerofit Heatrub ultimate base layer

boscoman

• Baller

Has anyone tried the Zerofit Heatrub Ultimate Base Layer?  Currently, I'm using a Camaro Titanium Shorty under an O'Neill Epic 4/3 full suit. I'm always looking for something warmer that I can still move in.

• Baller

@boscoman it’s not the thickness, it’s the model, change to a top of the line O’Neill like Psycho Tech 3/2 or similar and you won’t need any layers underneath. For upper 50s and higher, this is all you need. Zero leaks for the first 3-4 years or more, stretchier than the Epic and warmer. You can go for a 4/3, but for upper 60s there is definitely no need.

Both my Psychofreak and psychotech are leaking now, but still comfortable at upper 60s. Need to buy new, have used them for way too many years now and don’t think there is any life in them anymore. 
I could do 50 when they were new.

Edited by skialex
Wrote where instead of were

• Baller

I use a Quicksilver 4/3.  Their suits are flexible, and comfortable.  I've not been cold in mine being used in low 50's water.  This suit does get wet compared to some other suits but it is somehow able to keep me warmer than my old 5/4xcel suit, which was a suit that kept me relatively dry.