Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Jacinta retires after Moomba win.

• Baller

Facebook

The GOAT goes out in style, winning her 11th Moomba Masters jump title just 100 days after giving birth

After a decade of dominance, including an unparalleled winning streak that stretches back to March 2013, Jacinta Carroll has announced her retirement from professional water skiing

• Like 2

• Baller

Hard to believe she's not getting more attention to her incredible achievements and one of the great one's retiring from the sport. How awesome it was watching her jump 201! Congrats again Jacinta and wish you the best in your retirement. The sport will miss you.

• Like 2

• Baller

Sad thing is that if you google greatest female athletes. Her, nor any other female water skier in history of the sport comes up.  Lindsey, Danica and Michelle Kwan are there but not a single female waterskier.  C'mon man give me a friggin break. How many of those ladies won a major professional tournament/event 100 days after giving birth? Maybe Chris Evert? No respect for waterski athletes. 

Congratulations Jacinta on a fabulous and wonderful career. I had the pleasure of witnessing every US Masters title you won in person.  Enjoy your retirement young lady and your future induction into the Hall of Fame. You truly are a legend!

• Like 5

• Baller

One more thought about Jacinta and her greatness.  She has overcome a lot of adversity to be the GOAT. 

Her coach passed away early in her career.  She skied 3 events while commuting long distances to train while also getting an education,  internship and career as a physiotherapist, started a family and got dumped by her towboat sponsor for setting a world record behind another brand of boat (ridiculous!).  This lady has grit!

• Like 7

• Baller
20 hours ago, morfoot said:

Sad thing is that if you google greatest female athletes. Her, nor any other female water skier in history of the sport comes up.  Lindsey, Danica and Michelle Kwan are there but not a single female waterskier.  C'mon man give me a friggin break. How many of those ladies won a major professional tournament/event 100 days after giving birth? Maybe Chris Evert? No respect for waterski athletes. 

Congratulations Jacinta on a fabulous and wonderful career. I had the pleasure of witnessing every US Masters title you won in person.  Enjoy your retirement young lady and your future induction into the Hall of Fame. You truly are a legend!

Tiny sport