FOR SALE PRISTINE 2001 GEKKO GTR 22 $14,900

• Baller

I bought this boat from Mark Overbye in 2001 and it has been on the 5th clearest lake in the state of Minnesota for its entire life.I sold the boat to a family on the lake in 2016 and their son skied on the Stout state university ski team.In 2022 I bought the boat back and have used it the past 2 yrs.The 350 MAG Mercruiser MPI has approx 650 hrs, heater, hot and cold shower, all gauges, stereo, cover, single axle trailer with spare tire and swing away tongue.I have owned MANY MANY boats including Malibus.Mastercrafts, Nautique and carbon pro and this wake is fantastic for slalom and certainly barefoot.This has been really taken care of and is the cleanest 2001 boat anywhere.Come drive and ski it and if its not the newest looking 2001 boat I will buy you lunch.Contact Ron at 218-851-2801 for details..........$14,900

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7919-6.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9606.jpg

• Like 5

• Baller
52 minutes ago, Cooper_Trelawney said:

That's something you don't see every day!  How's the tracking and overall comfort for the driver and crew?  It's such a little boat, I'm curious about those factors.  Thanks.

Its not a little boat......21 7 in length and the beam is 93 I think.Driving is like a sports car and according to water ski mag it tracks like its on a rail

• Baller

This is a bargain folks.  For years my bro Jim (rest his soul) @razorskier1 (maybe he still gets shout outs--I'll try) owned one--so I drove and skied it a bunch.  Only difference is it was yellow and Jim had the Scorpion motor.

1.) it's not small--its really wide and 22 long with platform.  It is low to the water one of the coolest looking boats sitting at idle.

2.) good luck finding a boat that tracks better

3.) good luck finding a boat with less spray--like there's none

4.) great barefoot boating

5.) slalom wake is really small, but has firm edges to it (at least at my speed and lines 28 off to 39 when I was really "on")

6.) Don't expect to wake board it, surf it, or probably trick it if you want lift--the boat doesn't make a big wake--period

7.) Carpet, vinyl, seat padding, motor box insulation are not "Big 3", but they are nice quality.

8.) It's low enough that you can easily take water over the bow.  If you know what you are doing, "no", but if you didn't pay attention on a public lake and some other barge threw a shitty at you--you certainly could.

9.) handles like a small boat

At $14,900 this is a lot of boat, and if it's Ron's boat you can trust the condition and that the ad is honest.  Would make an awesome first ski boat--drop a z-box in there and go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

@6balls Thanks for the comments.The boat is everything you say it is.I am actually buying another GEKKO GTR.Only a newer one.NEW PRICE IS $14,000 FANTASTIC BOAT THAT IS LIKE BRAND NEW AND ALSO FANTASTIC WAKE FOR SLALOM AND BAREFOOT........