anatomy of a ski tractor.

Jody_Seal

• Baller

Right on, Jody! Waterski is going nowhere with those pricy gadgets we don't need... Let's go back to basic, with zero off, it's only waterskiing after all. Strong engine is only for good jumpers, a very little number, and too much electronic inside only increase the risk of failure. You don't need to be only a mechanical guy but also an engineer. My dream boat still remains the mastercraft from 2008 to 2013 for the flat table without turbulences, before they destroyed the tricks wake. I still have my 2008 with 4400 hours and it still runs strong! When i need it i would change the motor...

• Like 2

• Baller

A few years ago, Jody found us a "98 196 with a locked up engine. He put a 5.7 in it, single puck ZO and we had new skins installed. We've got About $16k in it. When people ask us about it I just say it's a Jody Seal special. 

• Like 5

• Baller
36 minutes ago, Jody_Seal said:

they are giving that away. must be a fire sale.

I would think the engine and trans are worth more than that asking price.

• Like 1

• Baller_
50 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Crazy it can still turn that many RPMs and not send a rod through the block.

Good catch.. on a ski budget. with zo who needs a tach? rascles want $200.00 for a new one...

• Like 1

• Baller

That 196 of Jody's is PERFECT... anyone in Australia want to sell me there worn out 196 I'm up for it to make an Aussie version!

• Baller
11 hours ago, Jody_Seal said:

they are giving that away. must be a fire sale.

The proximity to PCM in SC suggests an employee probably did the 6.0 swap into the TSC 1.