Video Camera Pylon Mount

ScarletArrow

• Administrators

I think it is a great idea but have never seen it work really well. The one that I tried to use was way to bouncy at the ball. At the hook up the camera does a super fast sprinkler thing every time.

I have seen some homemade ones that work better. Seems like it was a rig where there is a piece of PVC pipe over the pylon that the camera is mounted on and then the rope pulls it around . . . something like that but the point is that the camera only moves with big constant pulls and not from sudden slack and without a bounce effect.

• Baller

GT -

That would be sweet!  I'll take you up on that if you don't mind.

I checked all the regular sites, Barts, Pefski, etc. and couldn't find one listed (maybe b/c it's the offseason).

Yep, still in the O-H-I-O...Fairlawn/Akron.

Let me know how you want to work the exchange.

Anthony

I'm in the Dayton area. My son and I routinely drive over to the Golfsmith store in NE Columbus (Easton mall complex) if you want to run down 71 and meet us. I have an e-mail address associated with this site and 15-off (not that many "scarlet arrows" around :) if you want to send me your home e-mail I'll give you a shout next time we go.

Bill 

• Baller

Looks like the newer units (P4) have a fluid dampener on them to help w/ the rope jerking issues John mentioned.  

http://www.wakevideo.com/

-Rod A.