Do you change your fin settings as the temps change?

Horton

• Baller

It´s a litlle bit strange but every time I change my setting it feels good and I gain a ball or two. Then after a few sets it goes downhill again and when I then change back to the settings I had before, everything is ok again. Maybe there is a mental factor involved, more important than we think?

Tsixam

• Baller
For the last month, I have been concentrating really hard on 2 fundamentals: 1.keeping my head over my hips and 2. doing everything I can possibly do to be in the proper position when the load comes. So far, working only on those 2 things makes me feel like changing the fin for temp. changes. is just not necessary. The ski has felt right in 75 deg. water and then in 50 deg. water too.

For the last month I have been dreaming of skiing. I would ski in that La. soup of Augast right now and love it.

But to the temp thing, I only use DFT moves.  I start in the spring where I left it in the fall usually about .710. by the time its 60-65f, my ski will start the wheelie after hook up. I keep going back until it stops and that has been about .690 or so. That is on my Monza and it works well for me.  

• Baller

yeah, I may recant come summer when the water gets so hot you don't even want to get in it

I'm heading south to Chet's at the end of this month...won't be a minute too soon...at the moment some of the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen are coming down in N. Alabama

• Baller

I do the same as MS, only DFT moves and only when the ski starts doing something to tell me that it's time to make the move.  If it's working I don't fix it - when things start to change noticably I move it to get the familiar feel back.  Works for me on my MPD.

Ed