Stargazer Question

als2104

• Baller
I'm having problems with the paddlewheel, system surging, wacky speed readings. Does Stargazer (even the older versions) require input from the paddlwheel if being used strictly for slalom in Classic and GPS modes? If I disconnect the paddlewheel can I still continue to use those modes? My understanding, which may be entirely incorrect, is that the paddlewheel, which gives speed based inputs, should not effect these modes since they are RPM based. Help???

The SG system needs a paddle wheel in speed based modes as kind of a redundent signal in case you loose GPS lock, but will correct better for water current in a river situation.

Aaron @ PP told me they are releasing a new version in about a week for those that don't want to cut a hole for the paddle wheel. It is the same software function as the current version with a couple lines of code to eleminate the paddle wheel for trick / speed based modes. If you have the 7.04 version there should be no need to update for a good while.  He did say they really want user feedback to make sure we are all happy and make changes if we find errors or problems.  Great group of folks @ PP !