radar mpd

skidawg

• Baller

I have had about 4 sets on a 67inch mpd.  first ride was with fin a bit deeper than 2.5, 6.850, .765 dft.  ski felt great off the second wake but i didn't like the way it finished the turns.  second set, i moved the fin forward to .77, 6.86 and 2.50. still great off the second wake but riding tip high through the turns.  4th set i shallowed up a bit (don't ask me why because there is little logic to my fin tuning) 2.495, a bit longer 6.8725, and .7825.  the ski is mucho grande better through the finish of the turn.  It carries out off the second wake better than anything i have been on in a while and now is finishing almost how i like it.  a bit more tuning and i may be hooked on a new ride. only time will tell.  My last favorite ski was a 9700 which i sold in a moment of weakness (wish i still had it) for a 9800 i just can't get consistent on.  I am trying the 98 again this week,  I will keep an open mind and post my findings.

• Baller

what are you riding/bringing next weekend?

Two weeks ago from the boat I watched a pro run quite a few buoys in a tournament on the white radar. Seemed like every buoy his tip was riding up on him excessively. weird.

• Baller
I was driving today when 'Dawg ran a really nice 38 in a stiff tailwind.  Got 4 @ 39 in the same tailwind.  I think the numbers are about right.  Going any shallower will negatively impact the width off the 2nd wake.  I can see why Rossi runs his a bit shallower and shorter - his style reflects those numbers.  Not many of us can replicate what Rossi does on his ski.  For most of us, deeper is the name of the game - it protects width and instills patience in the turns.  I'm running my 9800SL at 2.460 which is 11/1000th's deeper than stock.  Ski feels like its on a rail. 

• Baller
not gonna make covington next weekend, my wife has it all booked up, kids parties, triathelon, time to get her priorities aligned, gonna have to get out my whoopin stick.  Jd's will be the first tourney.  full on from then.  should have 9800 back today, ridin it tomorrow, make up my mind this week.  great skiing by the way scoke last wknd

• Baller

sorry to hear that about next weekend but at least it's just temporary!

thanks to you shreve guys and chad, i got that score. hopefully more to come in the future.