Reflex skis?

JAYK

I expect that the bamboo is a topsheet veneer kind of like that faux-leather on the Nitro.

But you never know, it may be a functional part of the skis flex pattern. Liberty has been

making freestyle alpine skis, with a bamboo core, for some time now.  

I didn't want to start the thread, but with as much buzzing as there is about any new ski to hit the market, I would think that there would be at least a little chirping. Is it me or does that bottom profile look pretty similar to the Sauce?

The only thing I see on the Reflex site so far are graphical representations of skis they may (or may not) be currently producing.  I think it's kinda of hard to judge what the "bottom profile" might be like from the information they've offered so far. 

They're not shy about the price, but I do like the concept of turning the top edge with the hull layup.  Hopefully they'll throw in a little something extra in the binding area to sink inserts into.

TW 

I was in Madrid  for the senior world championship and I saw the Reflex  new slalom skis (the bamboo ski is awsome!); Last weekend in south of france I saw some good skiers on one of the first  ...

Nat

• Administrators
Hmmmmm. At one time Goode claimed the same thing as far as time in the mold. It is true that many high end skis are in and out of the mold in less then 20 minutes. Until we get some real news from Reflex lets give them a break.

• Administrators

I kind of want one......

Brent... I can not tell you. Only Tadd can tell you :-)

http://www.reflexworld.com/2009/slalom/slalompict/bamboo.jpg

• Baller
It will be interesting to see if they make a dent in the US market.  Their boot systems are top-notch and hold up very well.  If their skis are built with the same level of quality, they should be successful.  I assume they will fill the vacuum left by Fischer in the European market to start.

• Baller

The "official" story is/was that they're moving the manufacturing of the skis to a new facility where production will resume in the Spring. When Spring arrives, we will know for sure. I hope they resume making skis because I don't wish to change to a new ski, but I also don't want to be on a ski I can't easily replace...

• Administrators

I do not yet know the details but it  looks like Reflex is ramping up to enter the US ski market... Look for the details in interview form as soon as Iet the new web site built.

• Administrators

This is kind of hard to find on thier site but it shows that things are moving http://www.reflexworld.com/what%27s%20new/whatsnewslalom.htm

• Administrators

Let me remind you guys that interviews are coming and JMD from Reflex (Reflexman) is on the list. A smart reader would notice that the wide Reflex looks to be between the width of the Wide Goode and a normal ski. I know as much as you guys so that observation could be 100% wrong.

A keen water ski historian would know that Reflex has been around longer then all but two of the US ski companies.

If this stuff gets you thinking , get over to the Reflex interview thread and ask some questions http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=811&page=1#Item_1