HO S1

rod0041

• Baller

Having watched the video, do you agree that there is 2 types of ski as he describes, which category do you think the current high end skis fit, eg monza, mpd rs1 prophecy rcx etc.

cheers

Ali

• Administrators

That is a great question. The truth is it is all shades of gray. I will start up 2009 BallOfSpray Ski Reviews soon and will hit that subject as I go.  Seen this http://tinyurl.com/dyennl ?

• Baller_
I heard that it's both feet in hardshells, click in the rear, then the front.  Plate mounted to the ski.  If one foot comes out then so does the other.  The ski will have both the normal binding inserts as well as the triangle pattern in the front & rear.

• Baller

I am interested to see the HO hardshells, but have one concern.  They mount with three inserts in the front / rear center of the ski like the new AI and SI have.  I have an older AI.  When I inquired about mounting the new hardshells with wood screws I was told they cannot be mounted  unless they are on a new ski.  Apprenntly, when the skis are made, the inserts are enforced with a block.  So cannot mount the new HO boot unless you have the updated hole pattern.

The fogmans are mounted with wood screws and have a similar location.

• Administrators

I have heard a lot of conflicting stories about what HO is doing. They do a good job of keeping things quiet until they are really done with a product. My guess is that around Nationals week we will see something we have not seen before.  

I've seen aluminum adapter plates for Fogmans so they could be mounted using factory insets. I cannot remember if that was bought or if it was home made. I've also seen the Fogman units attached to a G10 plate and then dual locked to a Warp 8.

I dooubt HO will leave everyone without a new S1 or A1 out to dry: that would however beg the question, "why the new insert pattern then?" At the very worst I should think that someplace like Wileys would be able to make an adapter plate