A1 base problem

Cam

• Baller

I just noticed that my 2 month old A1 has a few section on the base that have discoloured, this wouldn't normally bother me but the discoloured areas are rough to the touch.
Has anyone else seen this? as I plan to take it back to the dealer tomorrow and would like to know if this is a problem with the ski that other people have had.

Cam

• Baller
same, seems like the yellowish discoloration is a month old, acquired ski 09/08, it is occurring along two areas on the bottom that were not entirely smooth to begin with. Also, probably not related, but it seems like now that the water is over 85, the ski has been much more sluggish, have moved bindings back 1 hole, fin dft to .78 from .77, d to 2.51 from 2.508, kept length at 6.84, seems to be quicker again.

• Baller
I am a cold water skier and our water got up to 22C 3 weeks ago and my skiing slumped ( could have been me skiing too much ) but checked the fin settings and they were stock, it just doesn't feel like the ski I bought 2 months ago and just wondering if the blemishes on the bottom have anything to do with it.

• Baller

Boody, I contacted my local dealer (UK) and also HO customer service by email from the contact info on their web site.

I thought that my skiing had went downhill as the water warmed up but as soon as I got my new ski everything came back together and it felt like my 1st A1 had in April, making me think that the ski had definitely changed in some way and the result was the colouring, roughness and drop in performance.

My A1 was great down in Mexico. Got back here and the ski suddenly developed the rash - sandpaper rough spot on the tunnel just at the front of the fin area. Riding the ski a few days ago it felt really sluggish and dragging - even with 5 Deg wing. Turned over my bud's ski and the same thing - same spot!! Our water is about 77 Deg now and getting softer.

rode the X5 today - much slicker through the water and skied easy.

I've wet sanded that bottom area and will see what happens. Seems like not only rough surface but the tunnel is slightly bulged under the inserts. kind of a critical area for a ski. very strange.