2 in 1 question (Broken Body Parts)

jwr

• Baller

To make a short story long, last summer I hurt my back (I don't know how) and sublocated my shoulder and seperated my AC joint ( I know how, but refuse to admit).  I believe both injuries came from being out of shape, so I started working out and running.  The workout I have been doing is P90X, and so far I have been very impressed.  I honestly believe it has improved my skiing.  I haven't gotten sore from skiing a single time this year, and I have been able to take more and longer sets without getting tired.  My one questions was just wondering if anyone else had tried it, and how has it worked out? 

My more important question is while my back feels better it isn't 100% and I was wondering if anyone is skiing with a back brace that they would recommend?  I tried the Schiek and it didn't give me enough support.  I might try a Schiek jump sling, they always gave good support.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

• Baller

I use a Nevin vest with a built in brace. It helps a bit. I liked the old Obrien vest with the hard back brace. Both of these are out of production. I've also used the Home Depot lifting brace under a regular vest. If I get a back injury now though, I'll have to pay for the Goode vest. I'm cheap so I'm doing lots of ab workouts and stretching...

Eric

• Baller
Sounds like I'm going down the same road.  I do a lot of abs, strecthing, and lower back exercises.  It helps, but I'm not quite where I would like to be yet. 

• Baller
p90x is awesome.  It takes a LOT of committment, though.  But if you follow it for 90 days you will be in the best shape of your life.  Ive done the full program before. Now, I use the stretch, plyo and kempo routines weekly to keep limber for skiing.

• Baller

I agree, P90x is amazing.

Did it last year and I was in some incredible shape; it sure does take some commitment though.  Had a lot going this winter so I did not do it again, just a couple workouts a week on top of some cardio.  I am wishing I had done it again at this point.  My only limiting factor last summer was my hands.

Keep up with the P90x and your aches and pains will go away.

• Baller

I have done 1 round of p90x and it has really paid off.  My workouts have been kind of hit and miss since I started skiing, maybe 3 times a week, but I plan to hit it for real again at the end of the summer.  It has definatelly helped my back and my skiing.  The X strecth always makes me feel better.  After I finish my second round I think I'll try p90x plus. 

I guess I need to try a different workout belt, I think the one I have is just to large.  Thanks for the info.