Comments from Western Regionals

Boody

• Baller

Wife and I had a great time at the Western Regionals this year.  We flew in on Thursday night and visited the sight at dusk.  Saw Jeff Milford (Mens 3 champ) and David South at the dock, both great guys from Utah.  Both on the Goode wide ride and both skied great.

I skied the next morning but missed my 35 so I was bummed.  The lake skied great though.  Then my wife went out in W3 as the 3rd seed.  She put up the score to beat with 4 at 32 off, but got edged out by Dana Garcia with 4.5 at 32 for the win.  My wife took 2nd which was great!  She was so psyched.

I met Richard Doane whom I only know from this forum and he is a super cool guy.  He skied great by the way, getting 3 at 38, then running off with a few others and coming out on top for a 4th place finish.  Way to go Richard!!

A lot of great guys and gals in this sport, we are lucky to have such a great group of folks in our Western Region.

What is up with those wide rides?  Jeff Milford ran his 38 and it looked stupid easy, like he wasn't laying over and fast like others.  Most 38s are fast and radical.  The wide rides look like they ski much slower than other skis, but that is just my take, it could of been the skiers.  Congrats Jeff!