Ski Schools

GAJ0004

• Baller
I am looking to go to a water ski school for slalom and tricks in November 2010. Any suggestions? I have spent one day with Lucky Lowe in 1991, 1 week with Mike Hazelwood in 1993, 1 week with Andy and Deena Mapple in 1995, 2 days with Jack Travers and 3 days with Bill Peterson in 2000. I try to hit a different one each time. I pick up something different at each one. Does Mike Suyderhoud still have his place in CA?

• Baller

Ditto Matt Rini.  One of the nicest and most knowledgable people you'll ever meet.  He has an uncanny knack for being able to find a way to get his point across to you no matter how technical or how simplified you need the information to be for you to be able to get it.  Very patient and reasonable rates too.  Highly recommended.

Ed

I've gone to swiss ski school in Clermont 4 years in a row.  I think Patrice is a very good and patient coach.

My son and I skied with Seth Stisher for a day earlier this year and really enjoyed his personality, his facility, and his coaching style.

I would recommend both for slalom.  I don't know if Seth does trick.  They definitely have it at Swiss.

• Baller
Thanks guys! I was at a clinic in Edinboro PA with Daniel Kennedy who trains April Coble-Eller. He was very good. He helped me clean up some rough spots at 28 and 32 off. He also gave me some tips on starting a wake 5 front on my trick ski. I will have to wait for my shoulder to completely heal before I try it though..

• Baller
Daniel Kennedy is someone that you don't hear a lot about but he has been great with both me and my 10 year old when we have been to Cobles.   I get as much out of Daniel as I do from April.  April does relate really well to kids though and my son gets a ton from April's input.