Binding Hole Pattern

A_B

• Baller

coming off a radar to A1

seems like there is a larger gap between front and rear plate on the A1.

True?

Mounted my animals up and skied last night and couldn't get my toes up on the back of the front boot like normal

back boot is all the way up and front is one notch back to hit stock setup.

Have read that ski is better one notch forward which would just make the gap worse.

Am I smoking something???!

• Baller
I didn't have that problem with my A1.  My feet were right on top of each other.  I moved my binding forward a hole to get some space between my feet because my RTP was all the way back.  I think I am at 30 1/4" on a 68.5" ski.  I find it does ski a little bit better for me.  I am on a Wiley front with an HO RTP.

• Baller

Do you know how far the back insert on the front is from the front insert for the back?

I am right at 30" which is one hole back on my Animal. I am already all the way forward with the back plate.

The boots are XL and I wear size 12. I can't imagine how much space there would be if I wore like a size 9 or something.

I know that the insert location on the A1 is remarkably different from the O'Brien Sixam 2. Measuring from the tail of a 68.75 A1 the forward-most inserts are about 40.1875", whereas the same inserts are about 41.5" (!) from the tail of the 69" Sixam.  With that much difference it's hard to know where to start with a binding.

TW

• Baller

on the A1 - there is 2.25" from the center of the last insert for the front plate to the center of the insert for the front hole for the back plate. I sold my radar so can't measure it but wonder if the A1 is farther apart?

I am using fairly new HO Animals, so would think that they would be okay.

The holes are ok for the plate- just too far apart between the plates????

• Baller

AB, Radar MPD  holes front heel to back front holes are 55mm apart,   You need a 1 peice plate so your spacing is aways the same when you switch skis.  I went to a 1 peice carbon plate two yrs ago, now when I try skis the spacing is the same.

the animal rear boot can be moved for and aft on the rear plate.  6 screws. 

think short

Deano

• Baller

I am on the road so I can't measure my A1.  In order to get any kind of separation at all I have to run my HO RTP all the way back.  If it was all the way forward I would need to have the Wiley binding well forward of 30".  I am running my Wiley in the middle hole.  Originally I was one hole back and moved it forward to get some separtion in my feet.

• Baller

Deanoski - my rear plate will need to be drilled in order to move the binding forward.  I did this a few years back.  The footbed is now adhesive stuck to the plate, which is a little problem, but was moveable. 

I guess my thought is that the skis should come with 2 sets of holes for the back plate.  one a little more forward for those who like the bindings closer together. 

Now I need to do some work and I just want to ski!!Yell