Target Weight

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Ok I currently ski on a  66" Sixam 2  best ski I have ever skied on, but its time for change, for some reason I do not ski well on a 67" ski, I do not know whether this is a height thing or just me, I,m vertically challenged at 5' 6" weigh 180 lbs but I am determined to get back down to 170lbs or less in the next four months.

With the Obrien Elite in mind, what do you guy,s think the maximum skier weight you could get away with on a 65.5" Elite, I ski @34mph, sent email to obrien and didn,t get a response, nobody seems to know skier weight recommendations for the Elite, so it,s down to the opinion of you guy,s that are on the Elite, would be interested to know how the surface area of a 65.5" Elite compares with a 66" Sixam 2 or 66" Z7.

Hmmm,

I'm 5' 9" & 176 lbs. Should be back at about 155 lbs. Need to drop about 20 lbs.

Interesting exercise the other day. I was carrying two 5 Litre bottles of engine oil back to the car from the Auto shop a block away.

They got really heavy half way there & I was only walking. Would have hated to have them in a back pack while I was skiing!

• Baller

There are huge differences between ski lengths. One 64 might feel too big while a 68 might feel small. The 66 is from a different mold than the 67 so the feel differences could very well from significant differences in the ski despite a small length change. Demo all the sizes in your weight range and ski what feels good.

Lighter is better in skis - and it helps a bit in body weight too. But unless you are actually going to drop a huge percentage the ski will feel pretty much the same. Do you buy a new ski when you put the 5lb wetsuit on?

Eric