New Radar Strada Report

RichardDoane

I am 5'10 about 167lbs. 66 inch Strada

Stock setting work well for me on most skis. I came up with MS numbers for the Monza that worked well.   

I have been on 67s on all skis up to this point. Minus the Goode 66.25.

I would start at stock. If no like, try the .756 move first and then go a bit longer if still no like.

Front binding at 28.5/8

.756 on the dft worked better then .750

I was a bit longer then stock at close to 6.849

66 Strada  28 5/8" 2.500, 6.845, 0.750  9 wing. Stock numbers for the 66.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jam Man

Yes we are.  I need to get with Sully/Trent and find out when they are going to be available.  Would like to do the same format as last year.  That seemed to work out very well.  When I get some info I will let you know what is happening. 

Trent is an amazing coach.  Everyone that has skied with him at CB has realy enjoyed it.  Lot's of skiing and great coaching, couldn't be better!

MBskier

I am new to this forum (what up all??)

turning 40 in June 175 - 180lbs 5ft 8" 34 mph working on -32. start of my 4th season skiing the course. skiing Utah all four seasons weather it is the frozen kind (LCC) or liquid (UWSC)!!! Rossi is telling me 66" Strada. sounds like its time to test it out!!! I hope i have a window later this week to ski it.

Yesterday had a sick day on my 67" RC and ran my first -32 with a slow boat @ 17.35ish not once but twice. Tried -35 for the first time (holy crap!!!) got 1/2. I will report back with results. oh ya knowing i may own a 66" is good motivation to start pushing away from the dinner table sooner lol!!!!!!!!!!!

MC

• Baller
Yeah! Come on! Tell us about all that sunny and 110 deg. stuff that is just around the corner. I'm tired of wet and cold! I don't see how you guys do it up in the Pacific Northwest. That rain and gloom would make me crazy!

• Baller_
Getting this thread back to its roots..... I dropped Eddie and a box of Stradas in assorted sizes at the airport this morning.  He's headed to AZ to ski with Joe.K and a gang of skiers from that area.  Hopefully everyone does well, and let's us hear their results.

• Administrators

markchilcutt

Welcome to BallOfSpray. Please note that I only let MS and Eric post because it is funny. You can ignore any advise you get from them

Horton

• Baller_

Skiing in the light rain yesterday @ the SKiPark in Orting.  Lake Sammamish Ski Club was on site for a "fun" ski day, no tournament pressure, just hanging out and doing the course thing.  Towed 18 skiers, one was Adam Caldwell, who was man enough to ski in his shorts and a Gooru on his Elite. (45' air, 50' water)  He was pretty cold, but smart enough during his second set to just run 4 -28's in a row without dropping.  Andy Gustafson and his Strada was there, he skied well, and if he could be a little more patient he'll easily be running -32's.  3 more weeks until our Memorial Day event @ Broho.  Trying to talk Eddie into entering, or at least make an appearance for the BBQ & beer post event.  Anyone interested in skiing,

http://sanctions.dataweb.com/default.view?_mode=details&TournAppID=10W109   is the link to the info page.

I got home from work and had the Strada on the door step.  Took 2 sets with the same set up as the ski I tested in DFW last weekend.

My report still stands. The "STRADA ROCKS".

The ski feels rock solid and does not hunt at all. You can feel how stable the ski is on your pull out glide. It is like a big truck that handles like a Porche. Big and roomy with great handeling. Turns on a dime after some pretty good carry out off the wakes. If you want to ski towards the shoeline, it goes there and not towards the ball. The speed of the RS1 is there with big time stability. I love it...Thanks Eddie

66" Strada report #1.   Skied 14 passes tonight just trying to feel it out. this is only my fourth season skiing the course so i do not have a lot of technical background but i must say i am very impressed with the ski. my first attempt at -28 i was able to run it not once but twice and once with a 8mph tail. -32 is the pass i am working on right know i belive the strada will take me deep into -35 this season i can tell after two sets me and this ski will get along great together. Thanks to everyone at Radar and thank you Chris Rossi for spending the time and energy to design such a great ski. Also a big thanks to all of you her at BOS for all the great info and feedback on this ski. I am so enjoying this ride  at this time in my life!!! Also want to thank Jason Hutchins and Carly Clifton for helping me set the ski up and Jason thanks for all the awesome coaching this spring.

MC

Marc,

I need to work to feed my habit. 1k skis every year need a revenue source. Work would suck without BOS. I wish I could make a living testing new Radars all the time.

I wonder if Horton really has a job. Has anyone actually seen him in his office?  

• Baller

68" Strada report #1.  I've skied twice on it now, total of probably 24 - 26 passes.  First time out was in crap water but I was excited to try the ski.  Only ran 22 offs but when I did things even halfway right I was easily wide and early despite early season (sketchy) form and lack of ski conditioning.  I must say I am impressed at how stable this ski is in rough water; never felt like I needed to hold back, never felt like an OTF was waiting despite getting folded pretty good at the wake a couple of times.  Ditto what MS said about the feeling of stability and nimbleness.  Skied 12 passes, ran all but 1 or 2 including a few where I got real late one balls due to sun in the eyes.  Late the entire pass but stayed in it and ran it no problem.  The onside turns are absolutely monster, offsides are great despite my poor technique and thinking too much about the countering stuff.  Still working on my offside technique...

Second time out in much better water, cold out of the boat I ran back-to-back 22's, ran 28, got 4 @ 32 and should have run the pass if I'd been more patient with my turns.  Not bad for my first attempt at 32 and only my 2nd time on the ski.  Second set just ran 28's, ran some and didn't run some playing with the counter rotation thing.  I think the more I think about counter rotation the worse I actually do it...

At this admittedly very early stage I'm convinced that the Strada definitely has some improved attributes over the MPD although I'm not ready to go all gaga over it just yet.  It is extremely stable and nimble as MS stated earlier, and it's definitely faster cross course then the MPD IMO.  Definitely a keeper. 

Anybody in the market for an early production, hand tuned by Andy Mapple, used but in very good condition 68" MPD?

Ed 

• Baller_
It was a Broho kind of day today (Saturday, not sure if we'll ski Sunday due to it being "Mother's Day") . I set my kid up on a fresh set of Strada Boots for his 65", he hasn't been skiing much as of yet, but he took 2 sets and was within 4 balls of his PB. My set went perfect, up the line to 105, so I was as happy as a pig in the pen so to say. OfficerFriendly has lost his drysuit, water of 54 and air was about 55, and he was suffering from "spray leg syndrome". It makes it hard to concentrate when your back leg is killing you. Tomas has figured out -32, thanks to some coaching from Terry Winter a couple of weeks ago, he's been skiing on RS1 Boots now for a little more than a month and is headed deeper into -35 soon. We'll be putting him on a 66" Strada next.

Our water went back to 57f after a few frosty nights. OF, your nuts. Put the DS back on and enjoy the rides.

57f water, 60f air yesterday here in Minn. The Strada is awesome in cold water. No wonder RD is killing it.

As soon as I take some pics of my RS1, its going on sale. Anyone need a 67 RS1? Its dialed in and has lots of PBs left in it. Perfect condition and I will leave the BOS sticker on it.

The only negitive about the Strada is that there are no flat spots on top to put some BOS bling on it.

Horton, do you have any small stickers?    

• Baller
Have you run it into 39 yet? I seem to remember a similar situation with the A-1. By the way, PWP stands for Proactive Whine Prevention. Just looking out for you man. Once the RS-1 is sold it's gone. As we learned from the A-1 fiasco no two skis even of the same model are exactly the same either. I agree on the weather. I got so desparate to ski Wednesday night I skied in the rain at 48 degrees. You would have thought I was from Seattle or something! Yesterday was nice though. I am finally skiing at 34 and the ZO is working perfectly to kick my bottom. North winds this week. You' ll have to try and get over here.

• Baller_

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_I-Kt0bXum5I/S--TIS9eNAI/AAAAAAAAAUI/SuI6ho7qaIw/s400/SANY0031.JPGFrom Broho Waterski Park

Thomas Wayne is in Seattle for a couple of weeks, so we put him to work at the Broho today, and rewarded him afterwards with a demo of a 68" Strada.  I'll let him post his opinions, but the first set went well, and I'm pretty sure he'll have a new ski to take back to AK in a couple of weeks.

• Baller_

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_I-Kt0bXum5I/S--TIrpcObI/AAAAAAAAAUM/IhKTMB27ArU/s800/SANY0022.JPGFrom Broho Waterski Park

Thomas Scholl was also working hard at the Broho today, and his reward was some rides on a 66" Strada.  He's a B3 skier, skiing 36 mph, and was easily running -28 in his first set.  I'm pretty sure he'll be killing it on the new Radar.

• Baller_
Quite a few new Stradas on the dock at this weekend's event.  OfficerFriendly didn't miss a -32 in any of the 3 rounds, which is a new type of PB for him.  My son, who hasn't been skiing much yet this season ran into 36/-32 which is great for him. MintLakeMike (a lurker) had his 67 and new Strada boots (he almost hit his "par"), yakimapooler looked really good on his, and started using his new Strada boots during the head-to-head round we had post-event (he had been skiing on Animals, and looked to adapt well to his Strada boots).  I didn't run the purple loop (Rats!), but got close, scoring a 2.5, 5, then 5.5 in the 3rd round.