Which Trick Ski to get.

jaredH20

• Baller

jared - I've heard good things about the Quantum - skis very similar to the Goodman.  Or course, D3 makes a good product as well.  If your friend decides he wants the Quantum, let me know.

jdarwin (at) lakesatcottonwood.com

Sorry don't know anything about trick other than this.. If your friend doesn't mind a blem Darren @ Wiley's has a couple Quantum carbon's and D3's in stock looking to make a killer deal on them not sure o the sizes either, but would be worth the call!!! 206-762-1300

Here is Ron's website:

http://web.me.com/goodmanskis/Site_2/Home.html

You can find more information from there. He made me a 45" Stubby that I have been riding on for a couple years and I love it. My brother is riding on the Slot and really likes his as well. Goodman trick skis are not new on the block they have been around for a while and like Deano said his jumpers and trick skis are totally bomber. If only he made slalom skis then I would probably ride only Goodman's.

• Baller

http://waterskimag.com/features/2008/08/07/trick-ski-tests-2008/

The Quantum is nothing like the Goodman in feel. The Goodman is fantastic for wake tricks but tough for surface tricks - especially toes. I would recommend the Goodman for hands and the Quantum for toes (Or the D3. Or Goode).

The Quantum is a nice all around ski. In fact, I liked the way it lands from big air better than any other ski I've skied. I had to work a bit to get big air  but it was similar to the D3 and Goode. All three were excellent for surface toes.

If you are going to buy one ski to do it all, you will not notice the difference between the Quantum and D3 (or Goode) in the long run. Buy any of those skis and you will not be ski limited. Most Nationals skiers make this choice.

The Goodman (or Reflex Trick Systems) will give an advantage for hand tricks. For a college skier, or someone who dislikes toes these skis are great.

Best of all is get the Quantum (D3 or Goode) for toes and the Goodman (or Reflex Trick Systems) for hands. Note that many of the top trickers do exactly that and switch skis at the end of the pass.

Eric