KatySkiJam2010

D Wolters

Kelvin,

Just saw your banner ad for the ski jam. Give us the inside scoop of what the plans are. Looks like the top 8 will ski under the lights and I've seen the footage Glen has on Barefoot central, so I've got an idea of what his plans are.

The ad states limited ticket sales, What's the plan? Are you going to put the spectators on the south shore or are you setting up the fireworks on that side?

• Baller

Sorry Dave, the last few weeks have been crazy at the office. 

The traditional Big Dawg part of the weekend will be the same as the qualifiers in the past few years.  2 rounds of qualifying on Saturday and the top 16 doing head-to-head finals on Sunday.  We will also have a Class C event going on at the same time so you can come on out to enjoy the festivities.  Saturday evening/night after the qualifying is done, we will have a waterski expo with exhibitions in barefooting, wakeboarding, tricking, freestyle jumping and maybe some hydrofoiling.

When it gets dark, we will have an 8 man head-to-head slalom final using Dave Goode's lighted buoy's like they had at Okeeheelee for the finals. The night head-to-head is NOT part of the official Big Dawg finals.  The top eight bidders in a silent auction will participate for a separate cash prize.  Fireworks will follow the head-to-head Saturday night.  Spectators will be on the south shoreline.  We are still working on the fireworks logistics, but they will likely be on the west end of the middle island.

To date we have about 21 entries in the Big Dawg (with a limit of 50 skiers).  Registration is available through the online registration system at usawaterski.org. 

Kelvin,

I know of a guy on the San bernard river that hydrofoils and has competed on a world level. Not sure if I can find him or not, if you want I will.

I saw something about a VIP section w/food. Shed some light on that, Looks like the wife and I will make a weekend of it and get a room close by.

Hope your not planning on inviting as many on duty officer's as they had in ARK. (not that i'll be drinking and driving or anything like that)