Time to try a new ski

• Baller

I've been riding a D3 X5 Pro for 4 years and it's time for a new ski.  I'm considering a new D3 Z7 ST (since I have a D3), a Strada (since that's what Mad 11 wants me to try and it seems to be the "hot" ski), and maybe something else for grins - a Prophecy maybe? just because no seems to talk about Connelly anymore and I had a string of good Connellys.  Maybe an Elite?

I like the D3 since it is so stable but everyone tells me that I need a faster ski. 

Never skied a Goode (but have witnessed the problems) and have never had luck with HO skis.   

I run 32 off and have the goal of getting into deep 35 this year.  I'm going to do the demo thing with H2O.

So these skis have a wide range of perfomance styles.  Thoughts? 

• Baller

lakeaustinskier, if you decide to go with an elite, I have a 65.5 first quality ski in very good condition that I can make you a really good deal on...$900 if you pay shipping, thanks, lkb

• Baller

The D3 Z7-ST is as fast as anything out there. Coming off an X5, you would probably like it a lot. Nothing wrong with any of those choices though.

One of my ski partners just tried an ST (currently rides a 9800). After 4 or 5 sets, he ran 3@39, about his average on the Goode, but he looks better on this ski. I'm waiting for a 67 ST to arrive to try. I tried the basic Z7 last week and really liked it (currently ride a Yellow Fischer). My friend rode the Z7 and the ST back to back and said the major difference is that the ST has better carry out at 35 and beyond.