ZO Conversion kit

thager

• Baller

If you have a 2002 and up SN 196 with the Excaliber 5.7 engine and a little mechanical ability you can now do the conversion without driving your boat across the good old USA. Inboard Solutions LLC of Montgomery, AL with Tim White

at the helm has just helped me convert my 2002 SN 196 to E-control and Zero Off. Install was very easy for me and done over a few weeks time at my leisure. Nothing but ice on the lake anyway. Operation was mostly remove and replace with Tim providing written guidance and answering any of my questions via phone alone the way. He is old fashioned customer service with many years of experience in the boating industry and specifically inboards. For more info see his new website at Inboardsolutionsllc.com

• Baller

Put my 02 196 in the lake yesterday for the operational checks. ZO rocks! Had my usual early season water cooling problem

and had to reseat the water strainer bowl but seems to be taken care of now. Will recheck today before I ski if this dam wind calms down. I ski on a public lake.

• Baller
Finally got a nice calm day and my driver to try my ZO conversion in the course. I must have done a great job with the conversion because it kicked my arse!!! Ran 8-10 passes at -22off@ 34.2 and only ran about 2 of them worth a dam. Main problem was lack of a good start through the gate. No angle, narrow and straight at one ball didn't add up to a good run. When I got the gate shot right it was easy ,early and wide. Was embarrassed to even try -28 or -32. At least a bad day skiing beats a good day at work every time!

• Baller_
Skiing behind older boats with PP/SG, and then behind a new boat with ZO is a totally different world, and one of the reasons I decided to update my Mastercraft.  Now I'll just have to get some CC stickers to keep MS happy if he ever gets his arse to the Pacific NW.

• Baller
I have an 03 196 with key ignition that fits the criteria for the upgrade kit to E-control and Zero Off. I have not talked to anyone that has done this and this thread kind of died with only one example of someone doing the conversion. I would love feedback from people that have done this project themselves. I have emailed Time at Inboard Solutions, but I am still a bit nervous about pulling the trigger.

• Baller

Almost complete with the '03 conversion here. Had it been just the conversion to E-controls DBW & ZO; not too formidable. Tim is very helpful & provides excellent feedback. Most of it is intuitive, transpositioning the throttle cable requires mounting the new bracket with potentiometer on the left front of the intake manifold.

Pull the trigger.

• Baller
@ripa38 If you can read, understand instructions, have basic mechanical skills, and take your time it is not rocket science. Mostly unscrew or unbolt and then replace with a similar item. Tim is there for any questions. Call me if you like. At least the 03 has the large instruments so you don;t have to mess with special mounting,