Strada Binding Hole Pattern?

Ed_Obermeier

• Baller

One of my good ski buds and I each ordered a new Strada for this season awhile back.  His 67" came yesterday, still waiting on my 68".  He called me a while ago distraut about trying to mount his HO bindings to it - said the hole pattern on the Strada is different from the MPD and Theory and that the HO plates won't mount.  I'm on D3 Hiwraps, had to replace the D3 rear plate with an HO plate to mount it to my MPD so I'm also on the HO hole pattern.  Anyone got any info or suggestions on this.  I haven't seen it personally, just going on what he told me.

Thanks, Ed

• Baller_
Ed - my 66" has the inserts in the back spaced like HO, but OF's and my son's have the D3 pattern.  I think the ealier skis had the HO pattern, but the more recent production has the D3.  Call Wiley's and have them sell you the plate, or send your binding in for a "tune-up" and it'll comr back ready to rip.

• Baller

I may still have some D3 plates around here somewhere, I'll have to dig around.  If that's the deal (they went to the D3 pattern) that wouldn't be too hard to fix, should be able to find a plate somewhere.  I'l check it out as soon as my ski comes. Is there some kind of holdup on the 68's or am I just to far out in Podunk?

Thanks, Ed

• Baller
I also tried to mount my E-Series bindings to a Strada and discovered the same problem (I'm demoing several skis right now).  Front plate fit fine whereas the two holes on the back plate were narrow and off by maybe 1/4 inch or so - so it wouldn't work.   I called Fluid Motion and Paul is sending me a slightly modified rear plate for about $45.

• Baller
Why are there different hole patterns? I think that they manufactures should agree on a pattern or put them all on all of their plates so that people can use their skies without any trouble. I think they would sell more of both skies and bindings if they were more universal. This seems logical to me but people usually do not do the logical thing do they.

That wouldn't work if companies like HO want to work on new systems like the EXO. Why there are two different patterns for the Strada seems weird though.

On an aside. Does anyone know what size the screws for the center holes on the 1 piece radar plate are? Also what type of washer should go between the plate and ski? I don't have these so I'll need to pick something up at the hardware store.

• Baller_
Strada inserts use the same screws as HO & D3.  Use the stand-off spacers for the front and the back, and just 2 of the washers you'd use on any other binding for the middle.  The Radar plate is attached in the center, and allowed to flex at the front/back.

• Baller

Eddie, thanks for the reply and info.  Ordered about a month or so ago, a friend of mine handled it for the two of us through somebody he knows so not really sure where exactly it is coming from, he handled all of that.  They had some sort of group buy thing going on; there were several skis purchased at the same time, we just added ours in with their order. 

Just found out today that my 68" will be here Thursday so I'll see which pattern it has when it gets here.  I have two D3 rear plates and an old KD plate (I think) plus a Radar universal plate from my Theory so somehow I'll make it work whichever pattern it has. 

My bud ended up using the universal Radar plate that came with the Theory wide ride he also just bought (Strada didn't come with one, odd), sat his Approach bindings on it and eyeballed and drilled a bunch of holes so he could mount his bindings.  Said it went fairly well but was a major PITA to position the holes accurately just eyeballing it.  I'd kind of like to mount my D3's to the Radar plate as well but I don't know if I'm willing to go through all of that or not. 

Ed