You choose the EXO System Winners!

Horton

• Administrators

The list of entries is final and has been randomized.

Help me choose. Please post one number between 1 and 343.

If anyone cares. To avoid being responsible for who wins (and to exercise my inner geek) I did the following:

imported the all the entries

removed the obvious duplications

sorted the list based my own illogical logic – completely fair game of chance.

Allowing you guys to pick a number   

• Baller

I'm a longtime lurker, (and mainly a free skier) but as one of the giveaway winners I thought I'd share my EXO thoughts after most of a season using the boots.  First of Greg Nelson (marketing manager at HO) was great.  I live close to HO so I was able meet him and get a sneak peak at the 2011 stuff.  I also have one of his DoubleUp wake boards so it was fun to say that I met him.  Anyway I ended up getting the double cuff Forms and while I was saving up to get a new ski I decided that I would put inserts for the EXO system in my F1x.  After about ten sets on them with the connelly I picked up an S1 really loved the set up.  I skied the best I've ever skied this year (I even made it into to a course this week (after 20 years of free skiing) and made my first full pass 15off@31 (You've got to start some where)).  I've had lots of falls and two releases.  The first was otf at the first wake and the ski came off just like I thought it would.  The second was weird little tail spin out and the plastic tip of the rail broke (I understand that I'm not the first person to have this happen).  HO was great and got me replacements right away (a couple extra in case it happened again).  My only other caution is not to use them in salt water.  The rivet for the buckle will rust since the liners are still salty after you rinse them.  If you must use them in salt water I'd suggest taking the liners out when you are done. 

At any rate the whole experience was great and has inspired me to see if I can't ski well enough to deserve the setup I have.  I took my 4 year old son out to a watch part of a tournament at Hilltop Lake in Marysville WA a couple of weeks ago and had a ball watching good skiers and pretending I knew what was going on.  It was pretty intimidating but everyone was really nice and who knows maybe I'll get my act together be one of the skiers in a year or two. 

Andrew

Getting your act together is filling an entry form. Don't wait until you can run some pass that makes you "qualified" to be in a tournament. You'll never feel like you are good enough to deserve entering. Skiing a tournament is as different as skiing with buoys is different from free-skiing. It's all worthwhile, and if watching the skiing was fun, getting on the water will be even better.